FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch changes in legacy text boxes - same change to multiple textboxes at once?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
Batch changes in legacy text boxes - same change to multiple textboxes at once?
on Mar 16, 2016 at 4:41:22 am

I think this question has been answered somewhere - the reply had something to do with using the envelope tool - however I cannot find it.

I need to change properties on multiple text boxes (they are in 'legacy text' format at the moment).

I Need them all to change in the same way (add outline, although would make other changes like font colour if it was a simple process). I can't use Vegasaurus because it only does bulk changes if they are 'titles and text', not 'legacy text'.

I've tried copying the event attributes however that gets rid of my existing text and changes to the text in the original box.

Is there any way to do batch processing on all boxes at once?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Batch changes in legacy text boxes - same change to multiple textboxes at once?
on Mar 16, 2016 at 4:16:14 pm

AFAIK, you cannot. This problem has been raised many times. You are pretty much stuck with changing them one by one.

Having said that, I wrote a macro awhile back that extracts legacy text into notepad. From there, you can use Vegasaur to create new titles using Text and Titles and change them however you like. Here is a demo.

I must admit, it's probably not for the faint-hearted, but if you're interested I'll post a link to Dropbox where you can download the macro and try it. It really depends upon how many you have to convert. If it's just a few, it's much easier to do them one by one.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Batch changes in legacy text boxes - same change to multiple textboxes at once?
on Mar 16, 2016 at 7:30:45 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Mar 17, 2016 at 3:19:58 pm

One thing you could do to speed things along would be to first create a preset to your liking. Then using Vegasaur, select your legacy text events, and create a marker at each event. Then simply ctrl-right arrow to go to next text event, select, and apply the new preset. Not automatic, but it should be pretty quick.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]