FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Sony Vegas make an Mp3?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barb Ward
Can Sony Vegas make an Mp3?
on Mar 14, 2016 at 11:25:42 pm

Hi. I am trying to take one song off my own DVD , make it an MP3 and save it to my hard drive so that I can give it to someone else to use in a power point presentation. Is this even possible?
I got as far as deleting the video and the rest of the audio I don't want from the timeline. But from there I am lost. Rendering is greyed out. Burn as only gives me options for CD.. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Can Sony Vegas make an Mp3?
on Mar 15, 2016 at 5:58:02 am

[Barb Ward] "Burn as only gives me options for CD.. Any ideas?"
I'm guessing you're seeing this, yes?

This reference to CD is for example of the sample of what CDs need - this is to help the User (lol!). So, this would be a typical CD requirement, it is still very much an MP3 - look at the extension? Yes?

Here is wiki on the subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc_Digital_Audio

For example, to comply to the MAXIMUM 72 minutes requirement for a CD, then compression values need to force the Audio into this 72 minutes. By any means I am not a master at this stuff, others will chime in, but just take the compression you want or need, and be done would be my opinion. I think I've got that right? Go to the lower 2 Formats - no CD reference - and tweak the bitrates to what you want.

Simply put, how long is your Audio, and what quality do you need/require and what bitrate is the optimum?

Or have I completely misunderstood you?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Barb Ward
on Mar 15, 2016 at 1:20:17 pm

You are mistakenly assuming I know more that what I do. I have been doing SV for several years now but consider myself a complete newby. I make a DVD twice a year and pretty much have to learn it all over again each time. Now that you understand my lack of knowledge here is what I see. Mp3 option is greyed out. images.creativecow.net

Return to posts index

Barb Ward
on Mar 15, 2016 at 2:43:52 pm

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 15, 2016 at 2:50:03 pm

Next to MP3 there is an arrow, click on it.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Barb Ward
on Mar 15, 2016 at 3:16:20 pm

OMIGOSH. Well that just proves my idiocy. Thank you Graham for assisting me. good grief. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 15, 2016 at 3:20:03 pm

[Barb Ward] " Thank you Graham for assisting me."
You're very welcome.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]