FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 13 problem. Duplicating frames/Framesproblem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stian Smebakk
Sony Vegas 13 problem. Duplicating frames/Framesproblem
on Mar 13, 2016 at 3:45:31 pm

I have a clip recorded with my Elgato HD60 which is 1920x1080 59.94FPS. When I put the clip in Vegas with project settings on 1280x720 59.94FPS it seems like Vegas is duplicating my frames. The video is really choppy and bad. And whenever I turn the Project settings down to 29.97 the choppiness goes away. Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Sony Vegas 13 problem. Duplicating frames/Framesproblem
on Mar 17, 2016 at 3:34:52 am

First, let me say that I know nothing about the Elgato HD60. Here's what I'd suggest. Import a clip into Vegas with project properties the same as your clip. If you are using Vegas Pro 13, it will ask you if you want to match clip properties. If so, enter Yes. Once on the timeline, zoom in so that you can advance frame by frame. This should tell you if you indeed have 1080 60P. If you see movement on each frame, then you have 1080 60P. If two frames are the same (duplicated) and then it moves, then the problem lies in your source clip. It is not uncommon for vendors to claim 60P, but in fact record only at 30P and simply duplicate frames. If that's the case, I'd suggest you ask for a refund. Otherwise inside Vegas, reduce your frame rate to 29.97 and disable resample for your clip. You should see smooth playback.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]