FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 Preview doesn't look like the Original Video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Bulga
Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 Preview doesn't look like the Original Video
on Mar 12, 2016 at 4:54:17 pm

Hello, I have a problem with the Preview Screen in Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12. I found out that the Preview Screen doesn't look like the Original Video, let's say you download a video off Youtube, then you open it with VLC Media Player, then you'd compare it to the Preview, you'd see there is a big difference. I honestly don't know what to do right now. I don't even know if it's supposed to look like that.

I really need help.

Return to posts index

Andy Bulga
Re: Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 Preview doesn't look like the Original Video
on Mar 16, 2016 at 12:06:03 pm

Jesus, can't anyone help me?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 Preview doesn't look like the Original Video
on Mar 17, 2016 at 12:59:48 am
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Mar 17, 2016 at 12:59:28 am

Most likely, it has to do with luminance levels. Most videos are designed to be shown on TV's which have a luminance range from 16-235, zero being pure black and 255 being pure white. Computer screens, however, display full range luminance levels from 0-255. When you use VLC, it converts your TV video (16-235), to computer levels (0-255). When you import the same file into Vegas, it usually previews at TV levels or in Vegas terminology, Studio RGB and often appears somewhat washed out. If you want it to look the same, you must add a levels FX filter and choose the Studio RGB to Computer RGB preset. However, after editing when you render from Vegas, you must remember to remove that filter.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Andy Bulga
on Mar 18, 2016 at 6:25:39 pm

That sounds pretty confusing. Is there maybe a other easier way? Settings or something? Could you do this in steps with pictures and such? That would be pretty cool. You don't know how much I want to fix this. It is really, really annoying..

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Mar 18, 2016 at 6:57:21 pm

If you want it to look the same, you must add a levels FX filter and choose the Studio RGB to Computer RGB preset.

This is all you have to do. (1) For you timeline event, select the Event FX icon. (2) the Plug-In chooser window will open. Highlight "Sony Levels". Then click on the "Add" button. Then OK. (3) The Video Event FX window will open. In the Preset box, click on the arrow to show all the presets and select "Studio RGB to Computer RGB". Close the window. That's it.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Andy Bulga
on Mar 18, 2016 at 8:51:38 pm

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]