FORUMS: list search recent posts

pan and zoom mastering

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Belter
pan and zoom mastering
on Mar 10, 2016 at 9:15:17 pm

Does anybody has a clue, is it possible to have absolute power over pan and zoom in SV? Let's say I have a picture and I want to travel a bit over it with pan and zoom tool. What I know bout keyframing is not enough to achieve what I want to have. Let's say I want to start in A slowly, that I need to fasten a bit over B but next I need to slower while going over C (without stopping) etc etc. Do you people know any ways of really smooth ways of curving the path of a "camera" in pan and zoom? maybe there are some scripts for translating speed curves into keyframes i could paste into pan/zoom window. ANybody? I am not a novice in SV but I learn everyday. I hope there is something I missed here. PLease help. :)

SV12 on Qosmio X70/win 8.1/i7-4700MQ/RAM 16GB/NVIDIA GF GTX770M (3GB)

come find me: http://www.facebook.com/longhairfilms
instagram: longhairfilms

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: pan and zoom mastering
on Mar 10, 2016 at 10:16:18 pm

Vegas doesn't have Bezier keyframes, so our capabilities are quite limited.
You can play with Tweener, but it also doesn't replace the real Bezier interpolation when you control each direction handle.

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Mar 10, 2016 at 10:47:26 pm

If you right-click on a Pan/Crop keyframe, you should see a menu: Linear, Fast, Slow, Smooth, Sharp, Hold. These allow fairly variable panning (but not to the Bezier curve level referenced). As an example, the Fast keyframe will start out moving fast, then slow down as it approaches the next keyframe. Slow works opposite of that, starting out slow, then gaining speed as it approaches the next keyframe. ALL OF THESE options are controlled by the Keyframe Interpolation: Smoothness value (0-100), which is on the left side of the main Event Pan/Crop dialog box, midway down. If you have this smoothness value set to zero, then there won't be much difference in all the Fast, Slow, etc. options, but as you raise the smoothness value towards 100, you will see big differences.

I make a lot of videos utilizing pictures and so use the "Ken Burns" style of pan and scan across the pictures. It does take some practice to get the "camera" to move at the rate that is good for the specific picture, but I've had fairly good luck.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Paul Belter
on Mar 11, 2016 at 9:23:39 am

thanks Andrew, all that is basic to me, i was asking about advanced techniques. but thanks anyway for your effort

SV12 on Qosmio X70/win 8.1/i7-4700MQ/RAM 16GB/NVIDIA GF GTX770M (3GB)

come find me: http://www.facebook.com/longhairfilms
instagram: longhairfilms

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Mar 11, 2016 at 11:22:43 am

Vegas guru D. Eric Franks did a pretty good video a number of years ago that is worth watching.
Vegas Keyframe Interpolation Envelopes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]