FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 10 keeps crashing no matter what on imported media

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Tomasevich
Vegas 10 keeps crashing no matter what on imported media
on Mar 8, 2016 at 9:13:02 am

Hi, Vegas crashes every single time I try to import media on a new project, or even if I just click on imported media for an older project. No matter what. This issue is making the program completely unusable for me, which is especially hard since I depend on it for making videos on Youtube

I'm not sure if the problem has been switching to Windows 10, but it's possible. I took a break from making videos for a few months, and I also recently upgraded to 10 from 8, but I'm pretty sure I've worked on a few projects right after upgrading just fine

I'll paste what pops up below:

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum
Application Version: Version 10.0 (Build 179)
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10586.0_none_d3c2e4e965da4528\COMCTL32.dll
Fault Address: 0x6FA1050F
Fault Offset: 0x000B050F

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0\VegasMovieStudioPE100.exe
Process Version: Version 10.0 (Build 179)
Process Description: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum

I'm not the best with computers and every thing that I've Googled or looked up on Youtube has not worked, so any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Vegas 10 keeps crashing no matter what on imported media
on Mar 9, 2016 at 12:20:23 pm

What codec do the video files use? If you don't know, use MediaInfo to figure it out.

Is it just these videos or do all videos of different codecs also cause Movie Studio to crash?

That error is quite odd because it's in a UI control and not a module that handles video.

I would download a trial of Movie Studio 13.0 and see if it works. If it does, it may be time to spend US$49.95 and upgrade. Movie Studio 10 was not made for Windows 10. The latest version of Windows supported by Movie Studio 10 is Windows 7. When you upgrade your OS you need to be prepared to upgrade your software to support it. Windows 10 has broken quite a lot of stuff and people have reverted back to Windows 7 after using it for a while and finding out that their old software no longer works.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]