Automation for saving fx packages from multiple events

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellen Maurer
Automation for saving fx packages from multiple events
on Mar 6, 2016 at 4:52:13 pm
Last Edited By Ellen Maurer on Mar 6, 2016 at 4:52:51 pm

Hi!

For example: I have 50 events in timeline. Each one of them has several filters applied which vary from event to event. If I want to save their chains of filters it needs to be done by manually opening each event fx and saving its filters in a package in Plug-in Manager. It seams a lot of work to be done so I'm asking if there's anything that can do this automatically.

With thank,
Ellen

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Automation for saving fx packages from multiple events
on Mar 6, 2016 at 5:33:21 pm

To my knowledge, manual is the only way. There is no way to automate this through scripting or anything because saving an FX chain is not part of the script API.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Mar 8, 2016 at 8:34:02 pm

What John says is true, but you know you can copy and paste the attributes from one event into individual or multiple events, correct? I know this doesn't help much if the actual values will be different from event to event, but at least you would have a bit of a running start on the process by getting all the filters copied to the events.

Then secondarily, if you know you would use essentially the same filters and settings from Event 1 on Events 3, 4, 6, 9 & 10, you could copy the event attributes from Event 1 to Events 3, 4, 6, 9 & 10. Then if you used different filters and/or settings in Event 2 and would use these same settings/filters on Events 5, 7, & 8, you could copy and paste the event attributes from Event 2 to Events 5, 7, & 8. I know this doesn't do everything you want, but it would simplify the process somewhat.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 9, 2016 at 5:45:33 am

Instructive post. Thanks guys. I never realized you could save a "chain of effects" as a new preset. Seems like naming it would be the hardest part.

"Paste attributes" is another handy way to re-use chains of effects and apply them to other events.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Mar 9, 2016 at 1:26:31 pm

[Paul Berk] "I never realized you could save a "chain of effects" as a new preset. Seems like naming it would be the hardest part. "
Yes, and unlike regular presets, this will save any keyframes. So you could animate FX parameters over time and saving them as a chain would retain the animation. This is a very powerful feature of Vegas Pro.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Matt Carlson
on Mar 12, 2016 at 7:53:17 am

This can be done if all the FX you use are OFX plugins. Most 3rd party FX are of the OFX variety as well as 90 percent of the Sony ones. There is one catch however. You can save them to be used later but not as part of the standard FX chain save inside of the plugin manager. I wrote an extension that recreates an FX chain as well as all other parameters of an event, allowing for partial attributes, saving envelopes, etc. and has its own interface for using them later. I guess the question is why do you need to save all of them in this manner? How do you plan on using these saved chains later?

Return to posts index

Ellen Maurer
on Mar 20, 2016 at 1:20:03 pm

[Matt Carlson] "Matt Carlson"

[Matt Carlson] " I guess the question is why do you need to save all of them in this manner? How do you plan on using these saved chains later?"

I reinstalled my windows whitout exporting those filter packages which are stored in Plug-in Manager > Video > FX > Filter Packages.
So, there is a project with a lot of video events. Each one of these events has multiple filters applied. Those were saved in Plug-in Manager > Video > FX > Filter Packages. But now are gone because of my mistake for not exporting them.
Now there's another project in which I want to use these packages which were used in my previous project. The only way to do this is by re-saving them. Open each event and save its filters in a filter package stored in Plug-In Manager. I cannot use the copy paste atributes because it takes a lot of time to find that event to copy the atributes from. I need to have these packages stored in Plug-in Manager. And my question was if there's a way to automate the process of saving packages from each video event.

Thank you so much for all the replies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]