FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media files/ Searching files question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lsh BukLao
Media files/ Searching files question
on Mar 6, 2016 at 4:50:20 am

So i had problems with my hard drive so i had to erase everything, but i moved all my saved work to another hard drive and when i reinstalled sony vegas again i opened up the saved editing thing i had , it started to say all missing files thing . Is there a way to recover all this ?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Media files/ Searching files question
on Mar 6, 2016 at 6:15:55 am

[Lsh BukLao] "Is there a way to recover all this ?"
Yes, yes there is.

And as you are asking the question, I have to ask did you not get the opportunity when you launched the VEG to Search for the missing files? I do and have used it on a number of occasions - it just works!

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Lsh BukLao
on Mar 6, 2016 at 7:04:40 am

i did but basically all those missing files are gone deleted. because i thought that one VEG file had them all gathered up so today i opened up vegas and it says search all missing files but i dont even have them

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 6, 2016 at 7:27:48 am

[Lsh BukLao] " . . .but i dont even have them"
Just to confirm: Are you now saying you have deleted ALL the Media files too?

The Vegas Project file - the veg file - is ONLY a signposting to Media files for us to USE on the Timeline. Have you got a backup of those Media Files?

Mostly VEG files, depending on the complexity can be as small as:

1] A VEG file with NO added media makes a tiny teeny 8kb veg file

2] Adding a 57mb MEDIA file only makes a 11kb veg file, it didn't ADD the Media file, only a tiny signpost to the 57mb Media

So, the Veg file does not include the Media, only signposts to where it resides.

You've deleted those Media files? Ooops . . . .

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Lsh BukLao
on Mar 6, 2016 at 7:56:35 am

well ya because i had to restore my whole hard drive so i moved that one vegas file onto my other hdd

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 6, 2016 at 9:07:31 am

[Lsh BukLao] "but i moved all my saved work to another hard drive and when i reinstalled sony vegas"
[Lsh BukLao] "well ya because i had to restore my whole hard drive so i moved that one vegas file onto my other hdd"
So you DO have the Media files then? Yes or no? Your first statement says you've saved your work but this second statement you are saying you have had to restore your drive. Did you restore using a backup? Or did you first delete and THEN restore?

I'm seriously confused by your responses.

In any event, if you HAVE your Media and Vegas is attempting to make the links again to your Media, then go ahead and do it.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 8, 2016 at 4:41:41 am

It's not enough to save a veg file to save a project. The Veg file does not save the original files unless you do a "save as" and check the box "copy media with project". The veg file itself does NOT contain any media within it. If you erased your drive without actually saving the media contained in the project, it is gone. The question here is simple. Did you save the media for the project or just the veg file?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]