FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project and render settings for different delivery formats - NTSC DVD and Bluray - mixed source material?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lori Lin
Project and render settings for different delivery formats - NTSC DVD and Bluray - mixed source material?
on Mar 5, 2016 at 6:27:54 am

Hi everyone,

I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to best set up my Vegas (pro 12) project and render out different formats for delivery.

The situation is that I'm making a BTS feature for a music artist. The source footage I have is all over the place (25 fps, 29,97 fps, 50 fps) from phones, DLSRs, GoPros, etc.

My project file is set to 1080p progressive 29,97 fps because that seemed like as good a starting place as any. I'm disabling resampling on everything that doesn't match.

In the end I need to supply rendered files for the Bluray authoring people and NTSC DVD authoring people. I've asked about what they need and getting really vague answers. None of them are familiar with Vegas, so they can't suggest specific render settings.

Can anyone help me sort this out with regard to project settings and render settings?

Many thanks in advance,
Lori

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
Re: Project and render settings for different delivery formats - NTSC DVD and Bluray - mixed source material?
on Mar 5, 2016 at 3:31:02 pm

I'm joining this thread to learn. I just wasted a lot of time, money and effort trying to burn a BD-R of mixed video sources. The problem finally ended up being a mix of two Sony Handy Cams, one recorded AVC, the other was mpeg4 H2.64. Removing the H2.64 solved it.

Return to posts index

Lori Lin
Re: Project and render settings for different delivery formats - NTSC DVD and Bluray - mixed source material?
on Mar 5, 2016 at 4:01:36 pm

Hop on in, Greg! The more the merrier :-)

Just to clarify, I don't have to actually burn anything. I just have to render out master video files for the guys who are doing the authoring. Their answers haven't been helpful, so I'm hoping someone here can help out.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Mar 5, 2016 at 5:16:08 pm

For delivery of NTSC Blu-ray and DVD I would:

Use the project template: HD 1080-60i (1920x1080, 29.970 fps)

Render for Blu-ray video using:
Sony AVC with the template : Blu-ray 1920x1080-60i, 16 Mbps video stream

Render for DVD video using:
MainConcept MPEG2 with the template : DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen video stream

Render the Audio stream as:
Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro with the template : Stereo DVD

You will be sending the authoring team two files for each. A video stream and an audio stream. That's probably how they will want it.

I would NOT disable resample on the 25fps footage. See how it looks first. Disabling resample might make it look jerky while enabling resample might smooth it out a bit. Definitely disable resample for the 60p footage.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Lori Lin
on Mar 8, 2016 at 2:47:54 pm
Last Edited By Lori Lin on Mar 8, 2016 at 3:29:43 pm

Wooo, thanks John! Such a relief to have some concrete info. Great tip about disabling resampling (or not). I will try both and see what works.

For the audio, did you mean to use the Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro with the template : Stereo DVD for both the DVD and the Blu-ray audio?

Cheers,
Lori

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]