FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect 6.0 Blu Ray burning not working

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Barringer
DVD Architect 6.0 Blu Ray burning not working
on Mar 3, 2016 at 12:10:03 am

I need your help, suddenly my newly burned BD's are not recognized in a stand alone BD player.

Is it possible that a mix of camcorder 1920x1080-60i is mixed with iPhone video is causing the problem? I rendered it to internet without a problem, but can't make a BD.

DVD Arch 6.0 build 237 (latest one)
Vegas Pro 13 build 453 64bit (latest one)
Windows 7 64 bit

I thought it was caused by the BD burner, Pioneer BDR-205BK, so I bought a new LG WH16NS40
Then I thought it may be the media, Ridata, so I bought Verbatim BD-R DataLifePlus, 6X, P/N 97339
Then I thought it might be the software, so I uninstalled DVDA and reinstalled it.
Then I thought it might be the BD player so I bought a new one.

I've been using Vegas for over ten years. I've been burning Blu Ray for over two years on the same computer. Suddenly the Sony BD stand alone players do not recognize the BD. The Sony players have up to date Firmware. They've always played the Blu Ray I've made.

I rendered in Vegas Sony AVC/MVC, Blu-Ray 1920x1080 60i, 16Mbps video stream and then Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro. I also tried MainConcept Blu-Ray 1920x1080 25Mbps.
The home movie is only 8 minutes long.

I open DVDA, insert the movie, the Preview works -movie and sound play.
Make Blu-ray Disc > Burn > Current project > no messages > select the LG burner > 2x speed > Finish.

It renders and burns. When I place it in the Sony stand alone player, the disc is not recognized.
Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
Re: DVD Architect 6.0 Blu Ray burning not working
on Mar 3, 2016 at 1:45:12 am

I opened a previous DVDA project. It rendered, burned and played perfectly, so I'm guessing the problem is in the source media or my rendering settings. I'd like to figure this out so I can avoid this in the future. I've wasted about twelve BD-R trying.

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Mar 3, 2016 at 1:57:59 am

The (long...) thread linked below is interesting reading as well.
https://community.sony.com/t5/Blu-Ray-General/Blu-ray-disc-won-t-play-on-Bl...

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
on Mar 3, 2016 at 3:09:34 am

Wow that is a long thread. I'll read it.
It's not a hardware issue. The burner and player are new and the firmware is up to date.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Mar 3, 2016 at 6:49:28 am

That is puzzling. I would double check all the properties of that DVDA project or create a brand new one and check that I had the right BD media specified under properties. To see if it is a weird edge case with Sony burning that particular project, since you know it works on the older project, I would have Sony DVDA just create the iso file and use something like ImgBurn to write the iso file to the BD media. I usually create menus in DVDA. It might be worth getting a rewritable BD media to do all this testing.

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
on Mar 4, 2016 at 12:41:03 pm

The problem must be in the rendering from Vegas. I can take other renderings of different projects and everything works settings in DVDA. I've tried MainConcept AVC & Mpeg2, Sony AVC all at different variables and nothing works with my latest project. I'm guessing it's caused by the mix of video from Sony camcorder and iPhone.
It's time to move on to the next project.

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
on Mar 5, 2016 at 2:59:28 pm

In Vegas, I removed the iPhone video clip and made a new rendering.
DVDA burned the BD-R perfectly.
The mix of AVC Sony camcorder video and iPhone video caused the problem.

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
on Mar 5, 2016 at 3:22:12 pm

After looking closer, it wasn't iPhone video, it was h2.64 video from a second Sony camcorder that caused the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]