FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 13 crashes halfway through rendering a project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Smith
Sony Vegas Pro 13 crashes halfway through rendering a project
on Mar 2, 2016 at 10:03:56 pm
Last Edited By Jonathan Smith on Mar 2, 2016 at 11:14:10 pm

I've used Sony Vegas to edit and render videos for about a year now, but this is the first issue I've had with rendering in it. I have a project I've been working on for a couple weeks, and every time I try to render it, it stops rendering when it gets to 58% and I get an error message. Yesterday, I was able to render another project a couple hours before rendering this one, so I know it's not an issue with my settings or Sony Vegas. I've tried to render using CPU only, with 2 threads, with only 200 MB of Preview RAM and GPU acceleration off. I also turned off enabling multi-core previews, but whatever I do, I still get the error message. It may be worth noting that I'm using a nested project inside a nested project inside a nested project inside the project I'm trying to render because it made a lot of the effects I needed to do easier once I re-merged the clip. This project is very important, and I need it to render, so any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 13 crashes halfway through rendering a project
on Mar 3, 2016 at 4:51:27 am

[Jonathan Smith] " It may be worth noting that I'm using a nested project inside a nested project inside a nested project inside ...."
I'd say you've knocked the nail on the head! My expectation would also be for VP to choke on this level of nesting. My solution would be for me to within EACH Nest Project render to new track and mute all the others. This way I'd be getting a fully rendered Sub-Nest. Now, what ever way you wish or decide to attack it, what you must accept is that the Nests are ONLY proxy files that they themselves NEED to be rendered when you wish to finally render that upper-most or top-level Project.

4 Levels of Nesting, with many FX-ing on those sub nests? I'm actually surprised and well impressed you've gotten this far - KUDOS!

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jonathan Smith
on Mar 3, 2016 at 1:04:46 pm

So do I have to re-add all of the effects I added to the nested projects?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 3, 2016 at 1:10:05 pm

I'm saying to render within the Nested project sub project and USE that rendered new track in the top level.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Jonathan Smith
on Mar 3, 2016 at 10:45:43 pm

My issue with that is that I have the clip cut into several smaller clips for different effects on different scenes.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 4, 2016 at 7:28:41 am

[Jonathan Smith] "I have the clip cut into several smaller clips"
Sure. Have you tried rendering "Selection" by "Selection"?

For example:

Project = 1 hour long

Make 4 x 15 min selections

Or if that fails then

Make 10 x 6 minutes selections

Or you could even try rendering selections that take into account just where you have LOW or NON intensive activity. This ways:

A] You can start amassing Selections that can be saved

and then as a result of this CSI forensic approach

B] You may, possibly identify those Selections that have been choking Vegas and make some remedial decisions as you go along. If nothing else, you would have learnt - as I have - that there are some planning decisions to be made when next doing Nesting, and you would have added to your Vegas KB Toolbox. I'm still learning.

OK, pragmatically, this managing of Vegas to be able to blast its way through a non-obvious road block, comes to us all, at some time or other. Better this way than NOT to be able to make User decisions for our creativity that some "other" NLEs constrain us to take. This IS one of the "features" of Vegas.

Vegas still Rox, but the NLE does require us to coach it through some math uphills - sometimes! - and this, for you, is just one of those occasions.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Jonathan Smith
on Mar 4, 2016 at 12:46:54 pm

The project is 2 and a half minutes, and I tried to render it in two halves, but it always seems to crash at around the same point.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 4, 2016 at 1:29:29 pm

[Jonathan Smith] "but it always seems to crash at around the same point."
Then there's your clue. Break down your project to sets of 10 of seconds.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]