FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mercalli on Sale - Best way to buy?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Berk
Mercalli on Sale - Best way to buy?
on Feb 24, 2016 at 3:48:49 am

Looking at Mercalli for stablization. Sony sent me an e-mail whereby I can buy Mercalli 4 SAL+ for $99.95 .. But I'd really like the Plug-in and the CMOSfixer running as a Vegas Plug-in. So I could "upgrade" the Mercalli 4 SAL+ to the Mercalli Suite for $79.95 and that will get me both plug-ins I want. So total for the Suite would be $180. Does that sound like the way to go if I want both Plug-ins? (which would be $119 each) .. Not sure if the SAL version adds anything to the deal or not but seems the way to pick up both plug-ins cheaper on the upgrade of the SAL

Have I got this right?

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
Re: Mercalli on Sale - Best way to buy?
on Feb 24, 2016 at 9:41:51 pm

I purchased the Mercalli for Sony Vegas Plugin just 2 days(!) before the Sony offer came out. ProDAD misleadingly advertises the CMOS Fixr as "coming with" the CMOS Fixr plugin, but in actuality it only works in demo mode. I tried to then purchase just the CMOS Fixr from their website, but can't find where they sell it as a product (apparently it's just bundled as demo software with other products you buy). When I emailed ProDAD about this, they never answered me directly, but told me the CMOS Fixr only comes with the Stand alone (SAL) version. It wasn't clear, but I thought I was purchasing the SAL AND the Vegas Plugin Version. You can download the SAL version and see it in DEMO mode. Personally, I like the SAL version better than the Vegas Plugin version. I will be contacting ProDAD to see what it will cost to "upgrade" to the SAL + the CMOS Fixr version. If I were you, I would email ProDAD and get confirmation of what products will actually be licensed (as opposed to including "demo" versions of CMOS Fixr).

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Feb 24, 2016 at 10:57:17 pm

You should be able to upgrade the Mercalli V4 SAL+ to the Mercalli Suite for Sony Vegas for $79 .. It is still listed on the website. The suite includes the two plug-ins for Vegas.

Mercalli V4 Suite UPGRADE $79

Let me know if this works?

I e-mailed them about upgrading the SAL Sony Offer .. Let's see if they answer.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Feb 25, 2016 at 6:54:46 pm

Mercalli responded. Right now, you can upgrade the Mercalli V4 SAL+ to the Mercalli 4 Suite for Sony Vegas for $79. This gives you both Mercalli 4 plug-ins for Sony Vegas, the CMOSFixr and Mercalli 4 stablizer.

However, there is much controversy from Vegas users about Mercalli 4 plug-ins for Vegas. Some seem to be happy, others are using Mercalli 2 plug-ins with greater success. Most everyone agrees that Mercalli 4 SAL+ works well. Confusing stuff.

I'm running the trial version of the V4 plug-ins .. I see it will take some time to learn.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Feb 27, 2016 at 11:24:04 am

The plugin for me works best...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>