FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio is out of sync when video imported/placed PLEASE! CANT FİND SOLUTİON! weird problem.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yasin ulu
audio is out of sync when video imported/placed PLEASE! CANT FİND SOLUTİON! weird problem.
on Feb 22, 2016 at 8:56:09 pm

guys please i been looking for solution like 1 month, i still have same problem.

okay here my question;

im using vegas pro 13 and recording ingame videos with shadowplay.
when i just drag and place recorded video to vegas pro 13 audio just out of sync , what i mean is i start playing the video and audio comes after the video like 1 or 2 second after , kind a audio latency or something like that.

but the weird thing is its happening on some videos

i think this problem happens on long videos like 30-60 min (İM NOT SURE)

no one is trying to solve this problem for me

thanks....sorry for weak english.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: audio is out of sync when video imported/placed PLEASE! CANT FİND SOLUTİON! weird problem.
on Feb 22, 2016 at 10:12:54 pm

Please list the following:
  • Version of Vegas you are running including the build number.

• Specs on your system including CPU, GPU, RAM, MB, Audio card, OS version

• "Media Info" (freeware app) on the recorded media coming from shadowplay

• Screen shot of the Vegas project settings you are trying to use.

• Screenshot of your Vegas>Options>Preferences>Video, and Audio device tabs

• Screenshot of the "Render As" profile settings you are trying to render to

• Post a 10-sec clip with some sort of sound sync action like gun fire or bag opening.

This info will help people help you more. In fact this list should be a sticky on site for asking trouble shooting questions.

Question - Does this same thing happen if you use FFSplit or OBS?

Return to posts index

yasin ulu
Re: audio is out of sync when video imported/placed PLEASE! CANT FİND SOLUTİON! weird problem.
on Feb 23, 2016 at 9:43:56 am

my system specs:
CPU: intel core i5-3570 3.4 ghz
RAM: 8GB
system type: 64 bit
GPU: nvidia gtx 970
Audio card: (im not sure) i dont have
OS version: windows 10 (1511)

Vegas pro version : vegas pro 13 64 bit (build 453)

screenshoot of project settings: http://postimg.org/image/jjf06zbnd/

screenshoot of video and audio device tabs: http://postimg.org/image/mcbupxjyf

screenshoot of: render As settings :http://postimg.org/image/wrdkdtmff/

screenshoot of media info :http://postimg.org/image/72hyco3td/

video showing my problem :

sorry i dont know what you mean by FFSplit or OBS

Return to posts index

yasin ulu
on Feb 23, 2016 at 5:45:12 pm

someone please answer!!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 23, 2016 at 9:17:52 pm

I have no experience with ShadowPlay and all by itself it could be causing the problem but your setting are all over the map. Your project frame rate is 59.274, your media frame rate is 59.940, and your render frame rate is 60.00. I'm guessing that this could be contributing to your problem. Set your project and render to match your media and see if that improves things.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Feb 24, 2016 at 3:39:50 am

There are so many things here you are going about all wrong, plus i have no
clue as to how ShadowPlay works. John pointed out some areas you are way off
on, correct those first and see...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Feb 24, 2016 at 4:03:10 am

Not sure but if this is what is happening -- but if it is just on long videos that start out in sync and then drift, there could be a solution within Vegas that has worked for me when transferring sound from 16mm release prints and then syncing the sound to the digitized film.

Find some easily seen/heard sound event near the beginning and line up the tracks on that event (sync things up by hand). Then find something near the end and CTRL-STRETCH the audio so that the event at the end lines up too. After that you'll have near perfect sync. If the beginning is now out of sync, re-sync the beginning by hand with the use of CTRL-STRETCH at the beginning. This method works for me on track up to 30 minutes long. An hour might be something else if the sound keeps drifting.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Feb 24, 2016 at 12:20:43 pm

Roy and Steve, shadowplay is just an app that interfaces Nvidia cards that have the onboard mp4 encoder, and allows you to save screen caps.

Like Roy said, I would re-setup your project settings.

Your screens caps are recording at 1920x1080-59.94FPS progressive. Set your project settings to match that media. There is actually a match media button in the project settings, just select a screen cap clip and things should align.

Also turn off 32-bit float Full mode, and go back to 8-bit. Your hardware setup is likely operating at 8-bit, no need to process beyond that it just slows things down.

If you want to render to 1080-60p, then create a Sony AVC profile or change the one you have such that the frame rate is 59.94 or what your screen caps are. Also YouTube only encodes 60p video at 12mbs, so make he bitrate like 16Mbs or 20mbs that it tosses a bit out on the re-encode.

If you are stretching audio, you have lost. I would try the aligning the frame rate, then look at how the audio is being routed through the shadowplay capture. Your sound card could be drifting on long captures, so try a new driver, or see if routing audio through a display port, or HDMI output corrects this. That way sound is being handled by the NV card only.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Feb 24, 2016 at 12:35:35 pm

Here are couple of other things I noticed.

Your media is 1080-60P (59.94) AVC "PAL" this does not seem correctly set to me. I would think PAL would be 50P You may need to make this change in the Shadowplay app.

You may be recording to much info at 40Mbs, which could be causing Frame drop in the encoder. Lost frames might not seem like much in a 5 min clip, but over long durations they can add up, which may look like out of sync audio. Shadowplay should be keeping things aligned, but with settings out of alignment it may not be able to.

I would try making some recordings at 1920x1080p-30 FPS, and record your screen caps at 16-20Mbs. Then check for any indications from the recording app about frame drop, and make sure your GPU and CPU are not max 100% during recording. 50%-70% should be the max for either the CPU and GPU in game and with a recording running.

Return to posts index

yasin ulu
on Feb 24, 2016 at 5:23:51 pm

okay here is the list things i tried.

i did set my project settings to match the media

reinstalled vegas pro (all the settings default)

changed fps to diffirent numbers like (30-60-59.94) and tried to play video

still same video has same problem. nothing changed

BUT!!!! things i forgot to said

now im sure its not about how long is the video because i tried all my videos, some of the videos are very long like 1 to 2 hour, some of them short like 10 min. every one of them working fine (with the settings you saw on the video)(default or not not dosent matter works fine.)

for example there is 30 video i recorded only 5 of them have this problem.

i started thinking the problem is about shadowplay because sometimes when i was recording i just press ALT+TAB and go to desktop, with that way recording just pauses so that could make audio issue i guess.

AND THE İMPORTANT THİNG!

when i play these audio problem videos withany media program like ( windows media player , kmp player ) i dont have any problem. audio is synced with video. just when i import to vegas this problem starts.

and im not sure but my monitor is 144 hz so vsync is unlocked in any game but recording settings on shadowplay is 60 fps limit. can that make problem between the video and audio when i put to vegas pro i dont know..

BİG THANKS TO WHO helped me but my problem is not solved i will show more detailed video about my problem soon.

Return to posts index

yasin ulu
on Feb 24, 2016 at 5:54:25 pm

im not sure but the problem is shadowplay itself i think.

im not sure because. i tried everything i changed all the fps settings i set all the project settings to default.

video works fine with windows media player but when i drag to vegas pro audio latency happens.

but i dont have any problem with many of the videos. i dont get it i dont know what to do.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Feb 25, 2016 at 7:18:30 pm

I've read on forums that some screen capture apps may use Variable Frame Rate recording. Run your video clip through the free HandBrake app to convert to a standard format and see if that helps.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]