FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I sync two audio tracks to have the same Beats Per Minute?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lee
How can I sync two audio tracks to have the same Beats Per Minute?
on Feb 20, 2016 at 3:07:17 am

I have two audio tracks that I want to splice and mix together at various points. They are close to being the same speed and beats per minute, but not exactly (maybe 2-3 bmp off).

Is there any way to use Sony Vegas to make one of the tracks the same beats per minute as the other?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
Re: How can I sync two audio tracks to have the same Beats Per Minute?
on Feb 20, 2016 at 1:22:57 pm
Last Edited By Roger Bansemer on Feb 20, 2016 at 1:24:04 pm

You can take one track and stretch it out by holding the ctrl key and pulling the audio event to the right or left. Right will make it longer, left will make the piece shorter. You'll see a squiggly line appear when you do that. I've done that many times when I need a piece of music to bee just a couple of seconds longer or shorter.
Then use your wave form to visually line them up. Having two tracks one above the other helps.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

John Lee
on Feb 20, 2016 at 1:25:19 pm

Thank you. I've lined the tracks on top of each other, but I can't figure out how to make their beats sync up. I'm aware of how to manipulate the track to make it longer/shorter, but that's not my issue. It's having them share the same beats per minute so that I can splice here and there seamlessly.

Return to posts index

Steve King
on Feb 20, 2016 at 3:38:51 pm

Stretching or shortening an audio track will change the beats per minute.

Steve K
Full time writer/director
Pt. Time Video Editor

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 21, 2016 at 3:19:36 am

If the clips have ACID Loop beat information in them you can set the project tempo in the Ruler tab of Project Properties and then under Options | Project | Audio enable "Import audio at project tempo" and Vegas Pro will bring both audio clips in at the same tempo.

If they do not have any ACID beat information then you will have to manually sync them. This can be accomplished by marking the measures from one clip with Timeline Markers, and then splitting the 2nd clip every measure and stretching it to match the measure length of the first clip (marker to maker). Yes, it's tedious... but it works.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]