FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Renders in half the FPS it's supposed to

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Donovan
Sony Vegas Renders in half the FPS it's supposed to
on Feb 19, 2016 at 5:55:27 pm

I record my videos in a steady 720p60 fps, than when I insert them to Sony Vegas they all become half the fps, although this is inconsistent, sometimes half the video is half the fps. PLEASE HELP I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR MONTHS!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Sony Vegas Renders in half the FPS it's supposed to
on Feb 19, 2016 at 6:06:58 pm

Make sure your Project Properties match your source video.
Newer versions of Vegas Pro give you the option to do this automatically.
If you have an older version, load in a file and drop it on the timeline.
Go File > Properties. The Video tab is the first one to come up. At the far right of the word Template is the "Match Media Settings" icon. Click on it and browse to a folder containing your source footage. Click on any one of them and then click Open. Your Project Properties will now match your source footage.
I highly recommend saving this as a preset. You can give it a unique name so that you know what it is immediately for future use.
If you want all your projects to open up with this setting, click the box at the bottom of the Video tab that says "Start all new projects with these settings" and then click Apply and OK.
Once you do this, all new projects will start up with this as your project settings.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Feb 19, 2016 at 6:09:19 pm

I forgot to mention that doing the above only sets your project properties to match your source video.
If you want to render to that format, you need to customize a render setting template to match.

Return to posts index

Tom Donovan
on Feb 19, 2016 at 7:08:43 pm

This has still not worked, I have a good computer, and I checked the raw footage and it's completely 100% 60fps, but I can't get the consistent 60fps on the Sony Vegas Preview and Render. I used to use Sony Vegas 12 with the same problem, but I upgraded to SV13.

Thanks you for the quick response.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Feb 19, 2016 at 11:29:08 pm

Post screenshots of the "MediaInfo" (freeware app) on your source files, your Vegas Version, Vegas Project settings, and the render template you are rendering to.

Also what application are you capturing with?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]