FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there an efficient way of moving all your clips back when adding something

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Berney
Is there an efficient way of moving all your clips back when adding something
on Feb 18, 2016 at 9:47:07 pm

I'm new to Sony Vegas Pro 11, and just editing in general. Right now I'm dealing with around 5 minutes of footage. It's a bit annoying/time consuming when I'm trying to add something towards the middle of the clip because it requires me moving everything after what I'm adding (so different parts don't overlap). Is there some sort of feature that allows everything after to be selected? I'm aware that holding down CTRL and then clicking will select multiple clips at once, but even this is time consuming. I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
Re: Is there an efficient way of moving all your clips back when adding something
on Feb 18, 2016 at 11:18:00 pm

You can either turn on auto ripple or right click the first clip and choose "Select Events to End".

Auto Ripple has a few options, that can easily mess you up if you are not careful, so find some time to play with it a bit and many people try to get in the habit of turning it off when not using it.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Is there an efficient way of moving all your clips back when adding something
on Feb 18, 2016 at 11:30:42 pm

Easiest thing is to make sure in your preferences that the entry "Double click on media file loads into Trimmer instead of tracks" is unchecked. If you set Auto-ripple to "on", then the file will be placed on the timeline at the cursor whenever the file is double-clicked. But as Mark warned, be very careful of keeping auto-ripple on past your initial cuts editing. I know from sad experience that it can really mess things up.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Brendan Berney
on Feb 19, 2016 at 12:23:00 am

I noticed that both you and Mark said that auto ripple could be potentially dangerous. What sort of dangers are these? Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Feb 19, 2016 at 1:28:37 pm

One thing to be careful of is to be sure you have the "lock envelopes to events" icon selected otherwise if you've put some envelope points on the timeline they will not move with the events. It's the icon that has the 3 dots above it and the lock below it.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Brendan Berney
on Feb 19, 2016 at 12:32:18 am

will the "Select events until end" option also move clips with the audio and video separated? Thank you for the help.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Feb 19, 2016 at 1:42:48 pm

[Brendan Berney] "will the "Select events until end" option also move clips with the audio and video separated?"

No it won't. They all have to be grouped together to make them move as one.

BTW, Post-Edit Ripple is the search term to use in the Vegas online help menu. There are three different methods used by Vegas (Affected Tracks, Affected Tracks, Bus Tracks, Markers, and Regions or All Tracks, Markers, and Regions)and, if you're going to use it, you need to know what each one does or doesn't do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]