FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 13 won't import mp3 or mov files

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Thorholm
Sony Vegas Pro 13 won't import mp3 or mov files
on Feb 15, 2016 at 6:37:50 pm

Hello everyone

I have been using sony vegas pro 13 for a couple of years and I have never had any problems with importing MOV and mp3 files. But today when I was starting a new project I couldn’t import MOV and mp3 files. With MOV files I get the error “None of the files dropped on Vegas Pro could be opened”. With the mp3 files I get them into vegas pro but when I add them to the timeline there are just high crackling alien sound (in the lack of a better description). And sometimes there is no sound at all. The same is with the waveform either nothing or way above max.

I have tried using mov and mp3 files from older working project but they have the same problem. So I have ruled out unsupported file formats.

I have reinstalled vegas one time and that did not fix my problem. I then uninstalled it and deleted all Sony folders from Appdata, both roaming and local, and what was left in program files. Installed it again, but still the same problem.

Reinstalled QuickTime, no help.

The only clues I have found so far is that Vegas uses the wrong codec for the mp3 files. Instead of using “mp3plug2” it uses “mcplug2”.

Personally I think it has something with the “FileIOSurrogate.exe” if I don’t remember wrong, it handled both mp3 and mov files. But from here I don’t know what I should do to get Vegas working.

My computer:
Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz
Ram: 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 970
Windows 7 64 bit

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 13 won't import mp3 or mov files
on Feb 15, 2016 at 7:13:50 pm

What's inside those 2?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Robin Thorholm
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 13 won't import mp3 or mov files
on Feb 15, 2016 at 8:59:09 pm

I guess you mean the "mp3plug2" and "mcplug2" ?
"mp3plug2" contains two files:
mp3plug2.dll
mp3plug2.chm

"mcplug2" contains 19 files:
mc_config_mp2m.dll
mc_config_mp2v.dll
mc_config_mpa.dll
mc_dec_dd.dll
mc_dec_mp2v.dll
mc_dec_mpa.dll
mc_demux_mp2.dll
mc_demux_mp4.dll