FORUMS: list search recent posts

Send mp4 files with player on DVD?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Grauel
Send mp4 files with player on DVD?
on Feb 15, 2016 at 5:11:06 pm

Hello all, I've been out of circulation for some time. But I thought I'd turn to some old friends who may be able to help me with some suggestions.

I want to give someone some MP4 videos, and would like to have a player open up on the DVD to view the MP4 thumbnails and play the files with a player window. Keeping it simple for people who know less then I do!

What's the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks for any support.

WG

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Send mp4 files with player on DVD?
on Feb 15, 2016 at 7:12:10 pm

As DVD play DVD compliant files and structures AND you want to have an MP4 which isn't, sounds like you are wanting a combo of DVD and a separate FILE=MP4. Dunno if that is at all possible. Let's see what others say?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wayne Grauel
on Feb 15, 2016 at 7:17:48 pm

I don't want to actually "replicate" a video DVD..

I was thinking more along the lines of a "JW player approach" - everything on the DVD"ROM".

I've never tried burning MP4 files to DVD. Maybe I try that with DVDA pro???

I have a lot of mp4 files that I want to distribute to kids to learn songs.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 15, 2016 at 7:20:04 pm

I would create a normal DVD with a menu for file selection where your thumbnails are displayed using something like TMPGEnc's Mastering Works. You can import MP4 files and it will automatically do the transcoding to produce a "proper" DVD. Be aware that there will be a quality loss as result of the transcoding. AFAIK, you cannot use MP4 files directly for DVD creation.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Wayne Grauel
on Feb 15, 2016 at 7:26:44 pm

correct on the file loss, so an mp4 that might be 360P will not go over well.

that's why I was hoping to find a solution that treated the MP4 without recompression, but rather keep the files in a directory or "playlist" and have the player choose directly from the files in the folder.

VS.. having them have to open the file in explorer on the DVD .. etc.

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
on Feb 16, 2016 at 4:33:56 pm

... what I once did was a simple / nice webpage template in html5 as menu, that let me link and play video thumbnails to some HD videos (mp4), and then include (burn as data disc) all the set in a DVD ... I just instructed my client that the disc will be only playable on a PC ... to make things easier just rename my index (start) file to something like START MENU to click when anybody access the files... the disc opens in a web browser running "locally" from the DVD ....

not perfect, but videos can be in any resolution (HD) you want...

here is another alternative (I never tried):

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tpxc.html

good luck

Enrique Orozco R.
iDEA DigitalVideoStudio

Return to posts index

Wayne Grauel
on Feb 17, 2016 at 12:23:34 pm

There you go.. HTML5 "Player" I was thinking of a jukebox..

The other link is interesting but for the few that I need for some kids, a "player" that has thumbnail navigation is what I was thinking. Once I changed the search criteria to HTML5 and used "player" everything changed. I've been out of this end of things for a while so forgive the memory lapse.

Does this look like it would do the trick?

Have the "html page" auto run on the DVDROM to bring up their browser and use the player to point to the mp4's right on a folder on the DVD. ( then they can copy them off the DVDROM if the choose )

http://www.html5videoplayer.net/index.html
http://www.html5videoplayer.net/html5video/set-video-thumbnail/

Thanks
Wayne

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
on Feb 17, 2016 at 11:29:35 pm

yes... you have the idea... there are many html5 video templates you can find on the web... and, off course you can put all the stuff on a USB driver also....

good luck Wayne

Enrique Orozco R.
iDEA DigitalVideoStudio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]