FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mercalli 4

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bansemer
Mercalli 4
on Feb 14, 2016 at 12:39:00 pm

Does Mercalli 4 only work with Vegas 13?
I have Vegas 12 and it doesn't seem to work well at all and usually makes the stabilization worse.
I've called and emailed the company on several occasions but they don't get back with me.
Thanks

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Mercalli 4
on Feb 14, 2016 at 2:21:00 pm

Here is what ProDAD say regarding the requirements for Mercalli4 plug:

http://www.prodad.com/home/products/video_optimization/mercalli_v4_plug_in_...

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Rob Clapham
on Feb 14, 2016 at 4:21:51 pm

Hi,

It appears by the link posted by Graham that Mercalli 4 isn't supported in Vegas 12.

You could always purchase the standalone version of Mercalli, unfortunately it is more expensive compared with the Sony Vegas plugin version. http://www.prodad.com/home/products/video_optimization/mercalli_v4,l-us.htm...

Also, I believe that if you use New Blue FX Titler depending on which was installed first, Mercalli (plugin version NOT the stand alone version) can break it. There is a fix, but I can't find it at the minute.

I would hold off on purchasing the stand alone version at the minute, unless you desperately need it now, because very often these video plugin sites have very deep discounts during the course of the year.

Best, Rob

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 14, 2016 at 5:01:57 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Feb 14, 2016 at 5:01:25 pm

It appears by the link posted by Graham that Mercalli 4 isn't supported in Vegas 12.

That's not correct. I have Mercalli 4 and it works just the same with V12 as V13. Just tried it to make sure. Both the CMOS Fixr and proDAD Mercallli v4 FX work.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Rob Clapham
on Feb 14, 2016 at 5:11:38 pm

Sorry for the confusion! I scrolled down, on Graham's link and under NLE it only says Sony Vegas 13. Good to hear that it does work on Vegas 12.

Hopefully my other information still holds up, if Roger does use new blue fx's Titler, I'm more than happy to find the fix - if you experience and comparability issues.

Again, sorry for posting wrong info. Best, Rob

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 14, 2016 at 5:12:36 pm

[Wayne Waag] "That's not correct."
Wayne, did you read what Prodad says?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 14, 2016 at 6:01:31 pm

Wayne, did you read what Prodad says?

No, I didn't. I never trust what I read in the papers. It does work, regardless of what the website claims--at least on my system. Easiest thing to do is simply "try it".

wwaag

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Feb 18, 2016 at 9:13:33 am

Working perfectly here for me in Vegas 13....
It mentions for Vegas 13 on their site, so probably although its visible in
Vegas 12 its no gonna run efficiently in it.
Wondering if Wayne has Vegas 12 and 13 installed together why it works in Vegas 12 for him.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 18, 2016 at 3:57:28 pm

Wondering if Wayne has Vegas 12 and 13 installed together why it works in Vegas 12 for him.

Maybe yes. Maybe no. I do have both installed, but can't imagine how one would effect the other. I've just done test renders in V12, but it seemed as responsive as V13. If there is really concern, perhaps someone should send an e-mail to ProDAD with that question. When Mercalli 4 was released, I sent an email complaining about the lack of a batch process. I promptly received a fix, which I presume has been incorporated in later releases. On the other hand, as I suggested before--just try it.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Feb 26, 2016 at 10:29:38 am
Last Edited By Steve Rhoden on Feb 26, 2016 at 10:30:48 am

"but can't imagine how one would effect the other"

Yes it does Wayne. That's how Vegas always functions, if you
have more than one version installed, they become Interoperable (share
resources and similar functionality). So that means if you have a plugin
that does not work or shows up in Vegas 13 but works perfectly in Vegas 12
and then have both these versions installed together on the same system,
then now the plugin will become visible and functional in Vegas 13.

Therefore now to the matter at hand, and as i mentioned earlier, i am
suspecting if you remove Vegas 13 completely from your system and now use
Mercalli 4 in Vegas 12, you may get the same odd result Roger is getting here!

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 26, 2016 at 4:31:10 pm

if you remove Vegas 13 completely from your system and now use
Mercalli 4 in Vegas 12, you may get the same odd result Roger is getting here!

Steve, you might be right, but a test like that would not really help the OP. Alternatively, the OP could download a trial of V13 and see if the problem goes away.

As an aside, I've pretty much given up on using the Version 4 plug-in. For whatever reason, it stabilizes well but always reverts to the default-avoid border-max zoom result. I can manually change the scale, but it becomes a real pain to do that for each event. Apparently, others are also having problems. Here is the thread. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?messageid=940359 I asked if anyone could confirm that particular problem, but at present no one has. Perhaps its something specific to my system. In any case, I'm back to using the V2 plug-in and also Deshaker. Sadly, I've spent a lot of $ on Mercalli over the years and always return to Deshaker for the bulk of my stabilization needs.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Feb 27, 2016 at 3:34:50 am

Surprisingly Wayne, i have no issues here whatsoever with Mercalli 4
plugin in Vegas 13, nor any issue near what you have described.
It is something you have installed that is causing this conflict with Mercalli 4.

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

Rob Clapham
on Feb 18, 2016 at 4:00:37 pm

Hi,

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I would have thought it would work OK on Vegas 12. Despite my previous post suggesting that it isn't supported in Vegas 12 because the website says so.

Before, I picked up Sony Vegas 13, I used Premiere Elements 13. But I managed to get Magic Bullet Looks, and Colorista (free version) to work with it - despite Red Giant not saying whether or not Elements was supported. Basically I just had to move the plugins into the correct Elements plugin folder. Maybe something similar is the case with Vegas 12? But I doubt it, as Wayne would have said to do that in his post.

The best thing would be for the OP to download the trial version - to see if it works on Vegas 12 for him. If it didn't then, the stand alone version could be an option.

Best, Rob

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Feb 18, 2016 at 4:34:10 pm

I can tell you for a fact that Mercalli does not work with Vegas12. I thought it might have been me doing something wrong but looks like it simply won't do the job with 12

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 18, 2016 at 11:23:02 pm

I can tell you for a fact that Mercalli does not work with Vegas12.

Could you spell out exactly what you mean by "does not work"? Does that mean the effect doesn't show up and you can't even try it? or does it mean, that the results are terrible?

wwaag

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Feb 19, 2016 at 1:28:29 pm

I mean when I apply Mercalli, the video becomes more shaky and sometimes totally bizarre looking.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Feb 27, 2016 at 9:57:38 am

Try it in Vegas 13 trial Roger and see if the same thing happens!

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]