FORUMS: list search recent posts

I can't figue out how to render 1080p MPEG-2 with PCM audio.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcin Kostrzewski
I can't figue out how to render 1080p MPEG-2 with PCM audio.
on Feb 13, 2016 at 3:22:52 pm

Hello.
I need to render a video with specs:
Video:
1920x1080
Format: MPEG Video
Format version: 2
Bitrate: 15Mbps CBR
Frame fate: 29,970
Audio:
Format: PCM
Bit rate: 1536Kbps
Sampling rate: 48.0KHZ
Bit Depth: 16 bits

The problem is that my Vegas [Vegas Pro 13.0] does not seem to have those encoding formats avaliable. When I try to render a MPEG-2 video with 1080p, and error occurs. And there is no option to choose uncompressed PCM audio. How can I render this file in Vegas?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: I can't figue out how to render 1080p MPEG-2 with PCM audio.
on Feb 13, 2016 at 6:46:20 pm

Render using the Sony MXF encoder. That will give you MPEG2 video with PCM audio in an MXF container.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Marcin Kostrzewski
on Feb 13, 2016 at 10:55:02 pm

This could work, but the bitrate can only be set VBR and not less than 30Mbps, but I need 15Mbps CBR.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 13, 2016 at 11:35:14 pm

The easiest way is to first render your video stream using the Blu-ray 1920x1080-60i template. Customize the template so that you have a CBR of 15 Mbps. Then render your audio using the wav 48Khz, 16 bit stereo, PCM template. You will then have to mux these together. You can use the freeware Tsmuxer which will produce a transport stream or something like TMPGEnc's MPEG smart renderer which will produce a program stream. In both cases, the audio will be PCM. I'm pretty sure other freeware tools are available to do the muxing.

wwaag

Return to posts index

James Hauge
on Feb 14, 2016 at 9:56:59 am

I often use Sorenson Squeeze and I believe it has the ability to do this.. I make similar mpeg 2 video's using it myself...

Another to try is Handbreak, I believe that one's free and it might work well for you...

The problem with using these tools is that you'd still have to render it in Vegas first, but in a higher quality video and let the other tool bring it down to what you want the final file to be...

Mahalo!
--James

Return to posts index

Marcin Kostrzewski
on Feb 14, 2016 at 11:36:20 am

Allright, so I used tsmuxer, and the only option to convert is to .m2ts file, which can not be supported anywhere by any player, and compatibility is a thing for me to also achive. I forgot to mention that I was told that I should do .mpg file format for that, as it can be opened by almost any player without any struggle. I got a sample .mpg file, here's a mediainfo of that:

General
Complete name : sample
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 568 MiB
Duration : 4mn 45s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 16.7 Mbps

Video
ID : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@High
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=12
Format settings, picture structure : Frame
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 14.8 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 15.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) fps
Standard : Component
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.239
Time code of first frame : 00:00:00:00
Time code source : Group of pictures header
GOP, Open/Closed : Closed
Stream size : 505 MiB (89%)
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 189 (0xBD)-160 (0xA0)
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Muxing mode : DVD-Video
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 52.2 MiB (9%)

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 14, 2016 at 3:21:13 pm

[Marcin Kostrzewski] " I forgot to mention that I was told that I should do .mpg file format for that, as it can be opened by almost any player without any struggle."
That was going to be my next question... why do you need this odd format? I assumed you were authoring a DVD or submitting for broadcast. MPEG2 files usually have MPEG2 audio not PCM. PCM is used for making DVD's and if you look at the output of your file, the audio uses a muxing mode of "DVD-Video".

What is the purpose of this video? Whoever told you that MPEG2 w/PCM audio @ 15Mbps was a good way to deliver HD was misinformed. That was true years ago for SD video. MPEG4 AVC/H.264 @ 15Mbps will yield much higher quality and is the most common delivery format for HD video for PC or Internet use. If you wanted to preserve the quality of HD video using MPEG2 I would use at least 25 Mbps. But if I was HD delivering video for PC or Internet consumption I would use MPEG4.

~jr

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 14, 2016 at 4:53:18 pm

Agree with John 100%. The request for mpeg video with pcm audio doesn't make any sense for widespread distribution. While it can be done in Tsmuxer, the resulting files (either ts or m2ts) will not play in Windows Media Player--it will play only video. This should give you a clue that it is not considered a legitimate format. However, TMPGEnc's MPEG Smart Renderer 4 will do this and the mediainfo from a file is virtually identical to your sample and it will play in Windows Mediai Player. If this is a "one off" project, you could always download a trial which I believe lasts 15 days.

wwaag

Return to posts index

harry singh
on May 10, 2017 at 12:33:11 pm

hi Wayne Waag.

did you find the way how to render mpeg ps in vegas pro not mpeg ts.

because i also fimd difficulty to delievr mpeg.ts file very few devices support this format and mpeg .ps supported many devices.

Regards
harry

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 14, 2017 at 12:30:35 pm
Last Edited By John Rofrano on May 14, 2017 at 2:18:43 pm

[harry singh] "i also fimd difficulty to delievr mpeg.ts file very few devices support this format and mpeg .ps supported many devices."
That's because TS stands for Transport Stream and is an acquisition format (i.e., for recording). PS stands for Program Stream and is a delivery format. So it's no surprise that devices that don't record can't handle transport streams because they are meant for playback and are expecting program streams.

~jr

Return to posts index

harry singh
on May 15, 2017 at 8:40:37 am

hi john
first thanxto you for reply ,
as you said " That's because TS stands for Transport Stream and is an acquisition format (i.e., for recording). PS stands for Program Stream and is a delivery format. So it's no surprise that devices that don't record can't handle transport streams because they are meant for playback and are expecting program streams."

its ok for not playback on other devices .but can you please guide how to render 1920x1080p 25 frames with 80mbs render in mpeg .ps in vegas pro ?

because there is no any info aobut on internet or sony official website

is there any way to render if not thn i need to transcode and which app is better for mpeg .ps transcoder.

Regards

harry singh

Regards
harry

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on May 15, 2017 at 2:31:48 pm

[harry singh]

AFAIK, there is no way to do this inside of Vegas.

You can use TMPGEnc's Mastering Works 6 to accomplish this. Here are a couple of screen shots. The first is from the GUI.

And here is the resulting media info screen shot.

You can also adjust the bitrate to whatever you chose.

Alternatively, you could use the other app that I mentioned in a previous post in this thead--their Smart Renderer.

Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 15, 2017 at 2:42:51 pm

[harry singh] "...can you please guide how to render 1920x1080p 25 frames with 80mbs render in mpeg .ps in vegas pro ?"
I agree with Wayne, Vegas Pro doesn't support this. The closest is to use the MainConcept MPEG-2 encoder with the Program Stream PAL template and you can change it to HDV and get 60mbps but that's as high as the bitrate goes.

~jr

Return to posts index

harry singh
on May 25, 2017 at 10:29:03 am

thnx dear. for your support.
i think first i have to render mpeg2 1920x1080 p with 80mbps
after need to convert in TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works .

Regards
Harry

Regards
harry

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on May 25, 2017 at 2:13:33 pm

To make sure that you achieve the best quality, you should either frameserve or render from Vegas using a lossless codec such as utVideo or Magic YUV.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]