Script like "speed effect"

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Jeff
Script like "speed effect"
on Feb 12, 2016 at 3:35:36 pm

Hello
Can anyone help me write a script?
I would like to cut an event to create the "speed effect".
Example: 1 frame split, cutting six successive frames, move to the left all the remaining event, cutting the first frame, cutting six successive frames, and so on ...
Now I do everything manually.
The generic code could be written:

CurrentVideoEvent
For i = 1 to TotalFrames (CurrentVideoEvent) step 1
CurrentVideoEvent (Split) '--- split frame in current event
For k = i to i + x '--- (X frames after split frame)
CurrentVideoEvent (Split) '--- example: move forward 6 frames and cut them
CurrentVideoEvent (MoveToPreviousSplitFrame) '--- move left the event remain to previous frame
next k
next i
Thank you all

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Script like "speed effect"
on Feb 13, 2016 at 2:03:10 pm

Why don't you just buy my plug-in VASST TimeWarp. It does exactly what you want and it's only $9.95 USD and it comes with support from me. ;-)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Walter Jeff
on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:35:57 pm

Thanks John.
I do not often I would use.
I'll think about it

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 15, 2016 at 8:04:27 pm

Here's a very easy way. Ctrl-drag the end of your event to the left as far as it will go. This will be a 400% speed increase. If you drill down and look at the timeline, you will see the cursor now stops on every 4th frame of the event when you advance (right-arrow). Since you want more than 400%, disable resample and then render to a new track using a lossless codec such as MagicYUV, Lagarith, etc. Now do the same thing (ctrl-drag) to the rendered event. You can easily speed things up by another 400% or whatever you choose. Just make sure to disable resample.

Another way if you have something like Vegasaur. Create a marker on an interval of 7 frames. Then create a timeline snapshot at each marker and save as a series of png files. Then re-import the png files as an image sequence.

The easiest way though--just buy the plug-in.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Walter Jeff
on Feb 17, 2016 at 1:42:44 pm

Thanks Wayne.
I have already tried in different ways also those proposed by you (often ghost effect)
Cntrl + Drag disabling resample, do not get good results.
So I wanted to create a script with loops inside, but I do not know the language variables for Sony Vegas, and I know the programming language Visual well.
Working with more loops in the script could get amazing speed and slow motion effects in more than 5 seconds with 1 click.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 17, 2016 at 4:38:02 pm

Perhaps I don't understand what you are trying to do, but I think it is "keep frame one, remove the next six, move remaining frames left, keep next frame, remove the next six, etc." If that is correct, then the two methods suggested do exactly that.

In any case, Vegas pro does support scripting. You can download the Vegas Pro SDK here http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/devkits There is also a scripting forum here that can provide assistance. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showtopics.asp?forumid=21 If you get it to work, please share. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Walter Jeff
on Feb 17, 2016 at 5:45:59 pm

Yes Wayne.
I downloaded the two link you provided me yesterday, because I thought someone had already thought of doing a script or was already in the network.
I also downloaded from Vegasur.
With patience I hope to make sense of it not so much on the flow of language, but on the variables in the different languages of programming Vegas.
I found online even a script that I could adapt, but for very old versions of Vegas and then crash-debug.
It 'something a little' different even from what John Rofrano proposed to me with its plugin VSST, I have seen videos.
Otherwise, or even the whole hand or buy some plugins as I want. But it is worth it?
If I can write this simple(!) code, I'll put it at the disposal of all: free.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Feb 17, 2016 at 5:24:01 pm

Vegasaur's Split Events can do what you want (Frames + Delete every other slice):

but I would just use Rocket Speed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]