FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframing nested projects, incredibly slow.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Winthrop
Keyframing nested projects, incredibly slow.
on Feb 11, 2016 at 4:13:08 am

Hello.

I have been using vegas' nesting feature (importing a project into another project) to essentially animate characters.

I have a vegas file (i will refer to it as VG1) of 5 or so pngs all keyframed and moving. My computer is very powerful so it previews just fine.

I import VG1 into a new vegas project (essentially the background of my scene) and keyframe it to move across the screen, so VG1 has a characters limbs moving in a certain way, and in the new vegas project I keyframe the nested VG1 file to move from left to right.

Even on "draft, auto" quality this results in horrific lag. Is there any way I can make fix this lag by embedding the reference or something or is the Vegas nesting feature just not meant to be used in this way (motion within motion).

I realize I can render to uncompressed but that takes a long time, lots of space, and cannot be changed without rerendering. I can also dynamic RAM preview but sometimes even that lags.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Keyframing nested projects, incredibly slow.
on Feb 11, 2016 at 4:34:41 am

Do all you project settings match? Are you working in 8-bit pixel format or 32-bit?

I notice on my machine that GPU assist helps greatly with PNGs and keyframing. Nested projects with animations do have a noticeable drop in frame rate vs running the animations in the root Veg file.

Make sure to open the nested project 1st, because all vegas instances after the 1st are CPU only. Only the 1st instance of Vegas will use the GPU assist.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Keyframing nested projects, incredibly slow.
on Feb 11, 2016 at 9:45:17 am

The way you are using Vegas nesting and as you put it, motion within motion,
You are gonna do experience some lag, not much you can do to avoid that.
....Except for rendering out those nests first!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]