reimport veg. projects with ACES RRT

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ca Tourne Et Joupiter
reimport veg. projects with ACES RRT
on Feb 10, 2016 at 6:21:32 pm

Hello
I need your precious advice :

I'm editing the final timeline of a big movie prod making of.
it's an 1h15 wth 30 scenes-veg projects

1/ I'm importing the veg scenes as project media on a single time line, assemble all scènes, check everything and final render it

Each veg scene had the general properties done as 32 bits floating point full range and gamma 2.222 video.
Color space of each clip is ACES RRT ( REC 709 video full range)

all FX editing works perfectly

But when I import each clip on my final timeline, I have to choose 8 bits in the general properties, otherwise it's dark , totally out of balance and over saturated (seems it's putting double time the colors space)

Do I miss something, seems logical for me to stay in the same space 32 bits float and gamma 2.222...

2/ Is there a way to select multiples items on timeline by mouse, defining a zone with it (works to delete multiples but I want to use to move any items, without adding them one by one by mouse, or grouping, etc..)

3/ A way to erase in one shot all individual FX events on timeline ?

4/and now the best. i try to be clear : Im sometimes editing with 2 differents videos tracks. One upper and another down with some selected cuts. But often Vegas starts to organize and put a link in between the 2 videos tracks with a cross symbol track in between them. How can I go back to independant tracks ?

Hope you can help me to raise my incompetence level...

Thanks

Fab.

Return to posts index

Ca Tourne Et Joupiter
Re: reimport veg. projects with ACES RRT
on Feb 10, 2016 at 6:40:27 pm

ok found for the question 4; right click unselect track layers

By the way, I couldn't have done all this work with some other famous softwares I know.. maybe it's same old story : To be seen as Pro, these softwares must be complicated to the illogical point.....

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Feb 11, 2016 at 4:50:52 pm

Hi Fab, as I understand it the render template also needs to be set to render rec709. For info on the complete ACES workflow in vegas visit http://www.jbalazer.com/aces-in-sony-vegas#TOC-ACES-and-ACEScc-Intro-and-Tu...
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Ca Tourne Et Joupiter
on Feb 11, 2016 at 10:12:36 pm

I was not clear "But when I import each clip on my final timeline"
I meant when i drag a .veg from te project window to the timeline.
SO I'm still out of final rendering in 709 :)

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Feb 12, 2016 at 1:01:17 am

[Ca Tourne Et Joupiter] "i drag a .veg from te project window to the timeline"

No you were clear however in order to work in ACES with Vegas, the project media and render template must be set to aces manually.Please got to the suggested url and watch the videos.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Ca Tourne Et Joupiter
on Feb 12, 2016 at 7:49:51 am

Yes I did it of course. pb is not to use ACE , to parameter rendering options etc.... All works perfectly, I can render what I want, colorimetry is perfect...

It's just about making a new big timeline including all veg projects scenes already edited in ACE space, when importing them in Project media as .veg files.

So I was editning in 32 bits etc gamma 2.222 and I have to go down to 8 bits on my general properties, whatever color space and options I try :(

Seems the reimport of veg files in a global timeline has others pbs too, like archived veg files saved with non nested options, but prg keep searching unused files (which are of course no more there in the archive folder, and even if I let them in it, vegas doesn't point to them)

anyway, thanks for your answer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]