FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need to combine several short projects onto one -- and continue editing

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bello
I need to combine several short projects onto one -- and continue editing
on Feb 7, 2016 at 12:14:02 am

I need to import several short projects into one timeline, so I can combine them into one project. But when I do this -- it automatically renders the projects as I pull them in, and now I cannot continue editing the work. I need the ability to combine the projects, and then continue to edit everything, as I shape the project as a whole.

Is there a simple way to combine projects, but be able to continue editing the pieces? I was able to do this easily in Premiere.. is Vegas different in this respect? Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Return to posts index

Glenn Cowan
Re: I need to combine several short projects onto one -- and continue editing
on Feb 7, 2016 at 12:53:42 am

It's not like AVID where you can import a sequence then continue editing that sequence internally within the new project. You can import (nest) another Vegas project, but to make any changes to that nested project, you must edit it within another open instance of Vegas; you can right-click on the nested project and select "Edit in Vegas" in the pop-up menu.

Indie Filmmaker

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: I need to combine several short projects onto one -- and continue editing
on Feb 7, 2016 at 1:48:20 am

As Glenn has pointed out this cannot be done in Vegas Pro. If you don't want to edit nested projects as he suggested you can open two instances of Vegas Pro and select all of the events from one and paste them into the other. You will loose any track based FX or envelopes so this isn't perfect but it's as good as it gets.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]