FORUMS: list search recent posts

4:3 & 16:9 Issue

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
4:3 & 16:9 Issue
on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:22:06 am

I have rendered from Vegas a Sony AVC MP4 file, the weird problem is that if you look at my screenshots it shows the EXACT same video displaying as 4:3 (notice on the timeline its 4:3 boxs) Now everytime I drag and drop the SAME 4:3 video in it comes up as 16:9 now (notice in the timeline it shows it as 16:9, also look at the side black bars it adds)

What blows my mind is if I go into that 4:3 version and right click "clear video" and I right click again "set video" and put the select the same video it comes up yet again as 4:3! So if I drag the SAME video in I get 16:9 but if I do that other process I get the correct 4:3!?

Another video had this same problem I did not want the side bars on the 4:3 video and everytime I dragged it in it was 16:9, I was able to fix this but in an extremely bizare way, I put one of the .mpg files that I knew go in to there correct 4:3 aspect and put it on my desktop, I then dragged it into Architect, then I deleted the .mpg on the desktop and when it asked me to replace the file I selected the video that had the black bars on the side and sure enough the black bars were gone!? So I tried to do this trick with another one but some kept coming in with black bars on the side still..

This is yet another reason why MP4 is messed up, either that or I am just going crazy please help!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: 4:3 & 16:9 Issue
on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:30:15 am

You've got your DVDA project set to 16:9.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:34:50 am

I need it to be 16:9 because my DVD menu art was made for widescreen!

Also my problem is that why does it show up as 4:3 and when I put the same file in again it turns up as 16:9?

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:38:18 am

Like if I put in .mpg files that are 4:3 format right this second they will show up as correct 4:3 on my 16:9 set DVD project...

Now if I take another 4:3 video that is .mp4 this time it comes up as 16:9!? Also I have some other .mpg files that are 4:3 and they have this same problem some .mpg 4:3 will show up as 4:3 in Architect but some .mpg 4:3 files have the black bars on the side, very bizare

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 4, 2016 at 5:09:21 am

I can't help you any further.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:49:38 pm

[Jackie Luffy] "Like if I put in .mpg files that are 4:3 format right this second they will show up as correct 4:3 on my 16:9 set DVD project..."
That's because the MPEG file is probably already in a format that can be placed on DVD so DVD Architect leaves it as it is.
[Jackie Luffy] "Now if I take another 4:3 video that is .mp4 this time it comes up as 16:9!?"
That's correct! This is happening because you cannot put an MP4 file onto a DVD. It must be re-encoded as an MPEG2 file and DVD Architect will use the Project Proteries to re-encode it and the project properties are 16:9 so DVD Architect is going to convert your 4:3 MP4 into a 16:9 MPEG2.

If you don't want this to happen, don't drop MP4 files into DVD Architect. Give it a proper 4:3 MPEG2 file that has been encoded with one of the DVD Architect templates in Vegas Pro.
[Jackie Luffy] "Also I have some other .mpg files that are 4:3 and they have this same problem some .mpg 4:3 will show up as 4:3 in Architect but some .mpg 4:3 files have the black bars on the side, very bizare"
I'm guessing that your other MPEG files are not DVD compliant.

If you want DVD Architect to use your files as they are, you must feed it DVD compliant MPEG2 files.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]