FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas & It's Horrible Problems With MP4

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
Sony Vegas & It's Horrible Problems With MP4
on Jan 30, 2016 at 4:29:03 am

I love MP4
But now that I think about it, my god does Vegas have some really REALLY bad problems with it
For instance, when you edit sound effects into a video and you render it, guess what? It goes out of sync by almost half a second once you pause the video in your player, it doesn't matter which player, vlc, windows media, this is a problem I have struggled for years with and no one seems to have the answer to it.

Another problem you can try right now is edit sound effects to a video and render it as MP4, now put that rendered MP4 BACK into Vegas and try to watch the sounds with the video, and you will come to the realization that it is out of sync! This happened to me I was editing a Jackie Chan fight putting in punch sounds and all and when I did this to just cut a clip out for youtube I noticed that something was off, sure enough I zoomed into the timeline and found that the sounds were not how they were presented when I played the actual video file on my computer (WITHOUT PAUSING the video of course) the audio track was exactly 2 and a half frames too early from when I originally wanted them to actually play

Another extremely annoying thing I noticed is one of my Youtube videos I uploaded had random quick one frame flashes of video that WAS not supposed to be there, I realized that I never bothered to watch the final rendered project because I already watched it in Vegas on the timeline a million times, but I learned something, never trust your rendered project because it just might not be how you made it in Vegas.. Go figure how stupid is it when how you edit the project in Vegas sometimes ISN'T always how you will get it once it is rendered, absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

Anyway in Vegas while I was editing that video there were no flashes, there were no frames that were popping up, everything was perfect, so my fix for this is if you have a clip that cuts to another shot in the same video, you don't cut it on the last frame before it actually cuts to the new scene, because if you do then once that is rendered YOU will see that frame that has the next shot 1 frame over for some stupid *ucking reason!! What you have to do is go back 2 FRAMES and make sure you leave 2 frames before the video goes to the different shot because for some reason it always is one frame off.

Also just recently I rendered out perfectly fine Mp4 files that play beautifully if they are burned as a data disk, played through youtube, through windows media player, vlc player... YET if I put them in DVD Architect 6 (the newest and latest version) They have black random frames throughout at random places with no rhyme or reason to it.

MP4 is dreadful, does anyone else have these problems and if not do you know why they ONLY happen to me? I have had a Macbook with Windows 7, and A completely new Windows computer and the problems have never changed...

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony Vegas & It's Horrible Problems With MP4
on Jan 30, 2016 at 12:35:57 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Jan 30, 2016 at 12:37:05 pm

OOps wrong Thread . . .

Return to posts index

Tom Edwards
on Jan 30, 2016 at 1:06:10 pm

Haven't had any of those problems and i render MP4 for Internet 1080p.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jan 30, 2016 at 1:44:27 pm

No, i dont have that problem, never has.
Seems it only happen to you, as you mentioned.
That then should tell you something... Its something you have
there installed or some bad codec installation or something in
your usual workflow is wrong!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 30, 2016 at 4:40:48 pm

No problem here either. You've written quite a bit about your complaints with Vegas, but have never provided any useful information that anyone could use to provide some assistance. You've given absolutely no information about your source footage, project settings or render settings. Without such basic information, best in the form of screen shots, no one has a clue where the source of your problem might lie.

wwaag

Return to posts index

rosh kadri
on Jan 30, 2016 at 6:33:58 pm

Rendered over 300 MP4 Clips, never a problem.

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 30, 2016 at 7:25:07 pm

Well I've done 23.97 frames and 29.97 and have the same issues, I would like to point out that it is very difficult to notice the problem when it comes to the sound going out of sync, it is only when I edit something very razor sharp and view it many times over in Vegas that I can notice something is off, then I watch the clip that seems weird over and over and compare it too in Vegas and it is 100% out of sync.

I use all kinds if different bit rates mostly when I do 1080 p I use 20,000 and variable bit rate

As for codecs I have xvid installed but that is it..

My question is though like I mentioned with Architrct having black empty frames at random places doesn't make sense, how can the exact same type of rendered video have problems when the others do not?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Feb 1, 2016 at 10:37:13 am

And again, until now you still have not provided proper detailed
information about your project settings, the source of these footages,
nor your render settings for any of us to truly point out where you
are going wrong!
Anyway:
Try this method and lets see what happens: make a loop region over everything
on the timeline when you are ready to render, then when done extend the end
of the loop region to an extra one second exactly. Now render with
"Render loop region only" selected.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:11:26 am

Thanks everybody for the help but I noticed Mainconcept just simply doesn't work with DVD Architect, I know this because I switched to Sony AVC Mp4 and now magically there are no black flashes or empty frames in Architect!

It has nothing to do with my settings in Vegas, I know this because if I render as a Sony AVC and then If I take that file and compress it as mp4 in Handbrake AND THEN put it back into DVD Architect I get the same black missing frame problem again, so I assume Handbrake uses mainconcept as well, either way I figured to just use AVC when making my DVD's in Architect now! Thanks for all your help guys

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:46:44 am

Thanks for all your help guys

You're welcome. So happy we could help solving your problem. LOL.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]