FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Rendered MP4's Have Black Empty Frames In DVD Architect!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
Vegas Rendered MP4's Have Black Empty Frames In DVD Architect!
on Jan 30, 2016 at 4:11:20 am

Hey guys, Hey guys, I have a very irritating problem with Sony DVD Architect 6..

I have burned a DVD disk with menus that contains .mpg and .mp4 files they are all standard definition
I briefly looked through the finished DVD and all the videos work perfectly except there is ONE that has black frames that flash at random times, It actually makes zero sense why it is doing this, this is my reasoning

I captured raw footage from a old Tape I had and put them into Vegas, I edited them and rendered them both the exact same frame rate and frame size, one of the videos that was rendered the same exact way with the Vegas plays 100% flawlessly, there are no black frame flashes, yet the 2nd one wasn't so lucky, I noticed just around the middle it had random black flashes all over the place there seems to be no rhyme or reason to where they appear either.. Well sort of, I noticed they only came up when it was a Super night shot scene, that is a really choppy and slow effect, so maybe it has something to do with that? anyway all the rest of the video that has this problem doesn't have even one flicker of a black flash on all other scenes, it is only on the Super night shot part, but even so there is awhile when it is super night shot and there is no flickering...

I also noticed at the beginning of another file I rendered the same way in Vegas was flawless EXCEPT for the title card of text at the start, for some reason it was just flickering black flashs (like empty black screen) not super fast but maybe every second, but then when the video started it was fine all the way through?

I did an experiment and used handbrake and just basically compressed it again as a mp4 just like they were before, put it into Architect and the black flashes during the title card WERE GONE!? It fixed it

BUT, when I did it to the one with the super night shot guess what? The FLASHES ARE STILL THERE except now they are in DIFFERENT parts!? How does this make sense? It's like Architect is picking and choosing where these black flashes go

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Vegas Rendered MP4's Have Black Empty Frames In DVD Architect!
on Jan 30, 2016 at 12:37:40 pm

Are you using the MainConcept render Templates for the DVD Video stream by chance?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 30, 2016 at 7:25:03 pm

In Vegas? Or Architect?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 30, 2016 at 8:16:48 pm

You stated that you are using MPG files, how did you create them?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 30, 2016 at 8:22:37 pm

For the MP4's I used Mainconcept AVC/AAC

For the MPG's Mainconcept MPEG-2

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 30, 2016 at 8:45:49 pm

In which case, search for my recent post regarding using MainConcept.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 30, 2016 at 9:40:49 pm

Do you think you could please link me to the topic? I clicked on your name and went recent activity searched "main" and I couldn't find a post older than from my topic

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 31, 2016 at 6:45:17 am

I was referring to this: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/996233

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:12:28 am

Thank you for the help, I figured just using Sony AVC because Architect just can't simply use Mainconcept, I know this because I tried to compress a AVC Mp4 (which was fine in architect) with handbrake just to make it a smaller MP4 and when I put that compressed version back into Architect I got the same black empty frames at random parts again (especially the text titles at the start) So now I know the problem isn't Vegas it is Mainconcept, and the only way this makes sense is that Handbrake uses Mainconcept when it compresses

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 4, 2016 at 9:43:29 am

[Jackie Luffy] "I figured just using Sony AVC because Architect just can't simply use Mainconcept,"
Wrong. I've been using MC for years. What are you referring to Jackie?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]