Rendering issues VegasPro ver 9 vs 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Koms
Rendering issues VegasPro ver 9 vs 13
on Jan 28, 2016 at 1:45:32 am

I'm having rendering problems.
And a little confused. Need help BAD!

Everything was fine when I used Vegas Pro 9, now I also have Vegas Pro 13 on this PC.
My editing PC is:
Intel i7, 8 gigs ram, running Win7 Home premium, plenty of hard drives. and video projects ARE on a separate drive from the OS...

The following worked fine for years!

For editing, I would match up the properties with the captured HDV files 1440x1080. Did all my editing in HD.
I would create HDV files from a multi cam timeline. These HDV files were rendered as,
MainConcept MPEG-2
HDV 1080-60i
These HDV files were then put into a new project-new time line for more editing...

When it came time to complete it, I would create DVD's and Blu-rays with these settings...

MainConcept MPEG-2
DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen video stream
with
Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro (*.ac3) Stereo DVD
Dropped into DVD Architect Pro 5 for DVD's

MainConcept MPEG-2
Blu-ray 1440x1080-60i, 25Mbps video stream
Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro (*.ac3) Stereo DVD
Dropped into DVD Architect Pro 5 for Blu-ray's

This worked fine for years!!!!!

Now using Vegas Pro 13, I'm getting jumps and freezes every 5 or 10 seconds after I create HDV files.
I thought I read somewhere that MainConcept is not the way to go now with Vegas Pro 13, is this true?
I do have ver 13 and 9 on the same PC. Are the render settings maybe getting tangled and confused??

Of course I am in the middle of 2 projects right now, one is in ver 9 and the other is in ver 13...

Any suggestions,
Thanks,
Ron

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Rendering issues VegasPro ver 9 vs 13
on Jan 28, 2016 at 11:20:25 am

[Ron Koms] "I thought I read somewhere that MainConcept is not the way to go now with Vegas Pro 13, is this true?"
Yup, it's what I've found and have been doing DI files now. Either SONY MXF or Lagarith and THEN use MC DVD Video only templates . . and move on!

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ron Koms
on Jan 28, 2016 at 12:52:45 pm

[Graham Bernard] "Yup, it's what I've found and have been doing DI files now. Either SONY MXF or Lagarith and THEN use MC DVD Video only templates . . and move on!"

Can you go into more detail, like what is DI? which MXF? Lagarith, MC?
Thanks Graham,

Ron

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 28, 2016 at 2:32:44 pm

DI=Digital Intermediary files

Use an MXF that is close to your initial format.

Lagarith is another uncompressed format.

MC= MainConcept

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Ron Koms
on Jan 30, 2016 at 8:51:04 pm

Are there certain times you use these? What I am asking is, do you DI or MXF for Blu-ray or DVD?

Also, would you use Lagarith for say putting a Lagarith-rendered clip back onto a timeline for more editing?

Thanks Graham...

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 30, 2016 at 8:59:29 pm

I don't produce BU. When my clients want a DVD I create a DI and from that I produce the MainConcept MPEG2.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jan 31, 2016 at 10:04:24 am

Blue-ray by definition is a Sony standard, is there a reason you are not using the Sony AVC BD profiles, or just letting DVDA do the conversion?

If you are having timeline issues with your HDV material, maybe try and convert the material to a 1:1 pixel format like XDCAM.mxf or Cineform.AVI. Then render the timeline picture to MPEG2(DVD) or Sony AVC Blue-ray(BD.)

Return to posts index

Ron Koms
on Jan 31, 2016 at 11:27:42 pm

Aaron, In the past with Vegas Pro 9, I would always use the Mainconcept Blu-ray profile, I never created a Blu-ray yet with Pro 13... and Never had DVDA do the conversion...
Worked fine.

I guess my MAIN question here is, what do I render it to when I am done doing the multi cam editing, and need to create a file to put on a new different timeline? I used to use (Mainconcept's) "HDV 1080-60i". Is there a similar conversion like Mainconcepts HDV?

Actually I am going to try Mainconcepts HDV RIGHT now and see what happens...

Return to posts index

Ron Koms
on Feb 2, 2016 at 7:54:05 am

Using my Vegas Pro 13...

OK, here is what I have found. I just did 2 renders. 1st one, was MainConcepts, "HDV 1080-60i with a few adjustments, I slid to best quality, and made it variable 2 pass. It turned out horrible, kept going to black and pixilations. That was the first time I ever slid that bar over to the right for best quality, maybe that was it.

Because I used to do the variable 2 pass ALL the time with Vegas Pro 9, and worked great then.
Anyway, just did it a second time with MainConcepts, "HDV 1080-60i, without changing anything and BINGO, perfect!

Looks like I am sticking with MainConcepts, for now...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]