FORUMS: list search recent posts

Power Machine with no Render Time Improvements

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Desai
Power Machine with no Render Time Improvements
on Jan 26, 2016 at 11:48:16 pm

I started using Vegas 13 on an ASUS - the new G752 with 64gb of RAM i7 6820HK (2.70 GHz) turbo'd up to 3.2 with GTX 980M with 8GB GDDR5 ).

You would think this powerhouse would give me better render times than my old DELL Studio XPS 8000 from 2010 (i7 2.8 GHz 8GB of RAM GeForce GTS 240).

But no matter what I try, what format I saver to, what format I start with etc. etc. I can't seem to get better than a 1 minute improvement on render speed!! Does the machine's CPU + GPU really not make a difference?

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Brad Leigh
Re: Power Machine with no Render Time Improvements
on Jan 27, 2016 at 4:53:43 am

I don't belive Vegas is making much if any use of that Nvida gpu. I got a wonderful boost when I bought an AMD R290.

i7 2600 3.4 Ghz 16 Gig Ram , Win 7 Pro, AMD R280, Vegas Pro 12

Return to posts index

Andy Desai
on Jan 27, 2016 at 6:19:45 am

Thxs! Can you give me an example of a render time on your current machine? For instance, I just did a 6:30 .mov 1080p no fades/cuts/etc. to an H.264 mp4 in 5 minutes. If your machine does the same or better, that means mine is overkill and I should downgrade! Do let me know!!

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jan 27, 2016 at 12:31:54 pm

NVIDIA cards above a certain model do not give any better render performance.
AMD cards do, I suggest searching this forum for more details.

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

James Hauge
on Jan 27, 2016 at 7:43:36 pm

I've always been under the impression that the gpu only really makes a difference when rendering (with Vegas) when using certain video effects...

in my experience, the biggest help in render speed in my experience has been cpu speed... even memory makes less of a difference as long as you have enough (and 8 gig should be fine)...

these are just my opinions.

That all being said, your new computer that you're using has close to the same cpu as the old one so I'd think that render speed would be very close to the same...

I recently got an old refurbished server.. 3.07 ghz xeon, 2 cpu, 4 cores each (8 cores of 3.07 ghz each) with 8 gig of ram, no special video card at all, and it renders 30 minute video clips at hd quality really fast...

Something to maybe check into.. I'd paid about $300 for it, including the shipping..

again, just my thoughts...

Return to posts index

Andy Desai
on Jan 27, 2016 at 11:54:15 pm

Wow, thxs!! And when you say "really fast" - how long does it take to do those 30 min renders?

Return to posts index

Rob Cioffi
on Jan 29, 2016 at 1:21:02 pm

Where did you purchase said machine?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]