FORUMS: list search recent posts

When I make a slo-mo clip, why are parts of the clip cut off?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lee
When I make a slo-mo clip, why are parts of the clip cut off?
on Jan 25, 2016 at 3:58:37 am

I've always wondered this. When I want to do a slo-mo clip, I usually just selected the playback rate to be .5 instead of 1.0.

That slow the clip fine, but it seems like part of the end of the clip is gone. Is that normal? Should I be doing something else to make a slo-mo clip?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Lee
Re: When I make a slo-mo clip, why are parts of the clip cut off?
on Jan 25, 2016 at 4:25:02 am

I forgot to the mention that the audio plays back at full speed, not half speed, for some reason.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 25, 2016 at 9:58:09 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Jan 25, 2016 at 10:42:46 am

I've rarely used that method, I use either stretch, velocity envelop or TWIXTOR. All this require to increase the actual EVENT length to get ALL the clip. Are you doing this?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Lee
on Jan 25, 2016 at 1:19:42 pm

I posted too soon instead of researching it more. After I posted, I figured out that I should do the click+drag on the clip instead.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 25, 2016 at 1:31:49 pm

No worries. Thanks for the update.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Lee
on Jan 25, 2016 at 11:05:55 pm

Quick question. The reason why I initially did the playback rate thing is that I want to precisely dictate the revised speed of the clip. Selecting click+drag is somewhat imprecise.

Is there any way I can correctly input exactly how fast/slow I want a revised clip to play? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jan 25, 2016 at 11:11:49 pm

Place a marker at the beginning of the clip and another one at where you want the end to be. Ctrl+drag the clip.to this new length. Done.

Return to posts index

John Lee
on Jan 25, 2016 at 11:15:57 pm

Thank you for taking the time. But that's my question. Instead of eyeballing how long I want it to me, is there a way for me to make the clip playbacking twice as slow, twice as fast, 1/3 as fast, etc? I would like to be able to input it rather than dragging it imprecisely.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jan 26, 2016 at 12:41:31 am

I'm not expecting you to eyeball it but you will have to do some basic math :)
To find the length of the original event (what Vegas calls a clip), double click it and look down in the box at the (as I recall) bottom right of the screen. I'm not at my computer right now so this is from memory. That box will show you the event length.
For this example we'll assume a framerate of 60i and an even numbered length.
Let's say the first event is 06:20 (seconds and frames) long and you want to slow it down by /2. The new length will be 6:20 x 2 = 12:40 = 15:10.
Enter this length into the same box. The highlighted event will now be this new length.
Ctrl+drag it out to the new length.
It works the same if you were to shorten it. All you have to is some simple math, enter that value into the box and adjust accordingly.
I sure hope that makes sense to you :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]