FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project with a lot of clips and the video/audio are separated

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lee
Project with a lot of clips and the video/audio are separated
on Jan 25, 2016 at 3:31:03 am

I know it's possible to ungroup the audio from a video clip, but I'm seeing something I've never seen before.

I have a project that has about 85 different clips. I put them together and rendered it with no problem. Now I am going back and have to move some of the clips around. For some weird reason, if I move a clip, the audio is separate from the video. This appears to be the case with all 85 clips.

If I move the video clip, there is a RED + or - that shows up indicating how far "behind" or "ahead" the video clip is in relation to it's now detached audio clip. The second differential moves on the fly as I move the clip up and down the track. This happen if I click on either the audio or video track. The clips also become red in the tracks.

Did I do something to create this? More importantly, how do I fix this?

Return to posts index

John Lee
Re: Project with a lot of clips and the video/audio are separated
on Jan 25, 2016 at 3:38:00 am

Ok. I googled it and see that sometimes the affected clip shows a completely red screen. That is NOT what I am seeing.

The project plays fine. I just noticed a red outline around all the clips if I move one around and the number I have on the track clip description shows a red time stamp that is plus or minus whatever the clip is that I've moved around.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 25, 2016 at 3:44:34 am

It sounds like you've selected "Ignore Event Grouping" on the bottom taskbar (assuming V13). You can enter "Ctrl-Shift-U" to toggle that switch. If you want the audio to always move with the video, then make sure it is disabled.

wwaag

Return to posts index

John Lee
on Jan 25, 2016 at 3:48:09 am

Thanks. I just found the solution a second ago. I guess I should google these things first. I'm a total spaz for not realizing I must have somehow click on that button.

Thanks for taking time to respond. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 25, 2016 at 10:13:26 am

John, I don't care for your comment: "I'm a total spaz"

Please explain what it means in your neck of the woods? Here in the UK it is the shortened version of the word "spastic", which in turn has meant, in the past, to relate to many conditions ranging from humans with learning difficulties or learning challenges and to those suffering from conditions brought on by cerabal palsy and not with learning challenges. In any event, using it upsets me greatly. But that's me.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]