FORUMS: list search recent posts

clip stuck in timeline

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tonya Lehman
clip stuck in timeline
on Jan 23, 2016 at 7:09:03 pm

I must have hit something, and I can't figure out how to undo it.

Vegas Pro 13: I added a clip from my media bin to my timeline, quickly knew it was not the clip I wanted, so I deleted it by hitting the Delete key without looking at the keyboard. I then hit Ctrl S to save it, also without looking at the keyboard.

Problem: That clip did not get deleted, and it is now stuck in the timeline. I can't move it. I can't delete it. I can't split it. It is now light grey, the same color of the timeline.

I can play it's audio and video, but I cannot move it on the time line. I can put other clips on the time line, and edit them as usual, and the clips already on the timeline are unaffected, and can be moved and edited as usual.

Thank you for any advice!

Tonya Lehman
Independent Filmmaker

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: clip stuck in timeline
on Jan 24, 2016 at 2:30:10 am

Sounds like it's locked. Right-click on the event, select Switches and see whether "Lock" is checked. If so, un-check and delete.

wwaag

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Jan 24, 2016 at 4:17:09 pm

If the problem was that the video was locked, you may also have to un-lock the audio as well.

Best Regards....George

Return to posts index

Tonya Lehman
on Jan 27, 2016 at 12:20:08 am

That did the trick! I've never used "Switches" before, so didn't know to look at that. Thank you, Wayne! Thank you, George!

Tonya Lehman
Independent Filmmaker

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]