FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mirillis Action Intel Quick Sync Video problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Vinícius
Mirillis Action Intel Quick Sync Video problem
on Jan 21, 2016 at 11:41:06 pm

Hi guys, I'm new around here so I don't know if someone already made this question (if yes, I'm sorry) but I recorded a video with Mirillis Action and used .mp4 (Intel Quick Sync Video) format, entered in Vegas and worked first time. Second time doesn't work (only audio) and I thought Vegas was trolling me so I used Camtasia and it worked. I restart my laptop, recorded again and enter in Vegas and only appears audio (again), there's no video, but if you choose to play media it's going to play either video and audio. Can someone help me ? My version is 13 and my friend told me to install a codec, but I came here because I think you can help me more than my friend.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Mirillis Action Intel Quick Sync Video problem
on Jan 23, 2016 at 1:48:54 am

Most likely, your problem is that Action is using variable frame rate recording, rather than constant frame rate which is necessary for Vegas and other editors to work properly. I did a couple of Action recordings on my system using Intel Quick Sync at 60 fps. Both files imported OK onto the timeline. However, the frame rate for one file was 60.022 fps and the other was 59.631 fps. Even though MediaInfo reported the frame rate to be constant, it seems most likely that the frame rate is indeed variable. To "fix" the problem, you will probably need to transcode to ensure that the frame rate is truly constant. In a quick search, I've seen that some recommend using Handbrake. I did a quick re-render of one of the test files making sure the encoding was set to a constant frame rate. That file imported OK into Vegas indicating that it was a true 60 fps. It would be a shame to have to re-render all of your files and lose some quality. However, that may be the only solution, unless you try other editors. In any case, good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]