FORUMS: list search recent posts

.avi problem on sony vegas 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kara Bsgo
.avi problem on sony vegas 13
on Jan 14, 2016 at 2:34:24 pm

Hey there,

I have a big project on my laptop, using fraps to record. I have no .avi problem on my laptop but when i try to work sony vegas on my work computer .avi files cant add on to projects so i cant work on my existing project too.

Its been 2 weeks that i try to solve the .avi problem on my work computer, searching hours trying different codecs even install sony vegas 12 to see if its work, change the .dll file nothing helps...
But the weird thing is when i install sony vegas first time on my work computer its works all fine, then uninstall.. When i install it again it gives me .avi errors.
I cant format the computer btw.

I am helpless :/

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: .avi problem on sony vegas 13
on Jan 14, 2016 at 6:57:54 pm

Get a utility app like Speccy, and post a screenshot of the summary page running on your system.

Fraps is not a very good application. In my experience the files it creates are not that compliant or something. I would try to Mirillis Action for screen capture. Action uses hardware on the your CPU and GPU to offload the recording. The speccy screenshot helps understand the hardware installed on your system, to know if Action is a good fit.

An alternative to the files you have already created is to try FFPLAY and see if that displays the videos. If FFPLAY will show the video, you can use FFMPEG to convert the media to an editable format in Vegas like .MP4/h.264.

https://ffmpeg.org/

Microsoft has given away Encoder 4 now as a free download. This tool has really good screen capture utility built in, but records in a proprietary file that works well in Encoder. So getting the file into Vegas can be tricky.

Xsplit has a good screen capture tool and offers a free version with limited abilities.

Your best screen recording solution with lowest system impact, would be to clone you monitor output to another computer running a recorder. Something like a Blackmagic shuttle that records to MJPEG.AVI, that footage will drop on the Vegas timeline and edit well.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 14, 2016 at 10:43:11 pm

but when i try to work sony vegas on my work computer .avi files cant add on to projects so i cant work on my existing project too.

You need to make sure that the Fraps decompressor is installed on that computer. It is normally installed whenver you install Fraps. I don't know if you can just download and install the Fraps reader codec by itself. The codec name will be "Fraps Video Decompressor" and the FOURCC code is "fps1". Easiest thing is just to install Fraps on your work computer.

wwaag

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 15, 2016 at 3:46:37 am

It should also be noted that Vegas Pro doesn't work well with FRAPS footage so I would convert it to another format like Motion-JPEG which Vegas Pro will be able to read on any computer.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Kara Bsgo
on Jan 15, 2016 at 5:55:10 am

HOLY mother of GOD!!!! Thank you Wayne^^ IT worked, omg im so ashamed to be not thinking of this is so simple :P
Try to solve it for weeks and simply installing fraps solve it^^

Thanks so much, happy fridays everyone

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 15, 2016 at 4:12:46 pm

Glad you got it working. Sometimes, we forget the simplest things. Unlike others, I've never had issues using Fraps with Vegas. Having said that, for the future, you might give the software suggested by Aaron a try, Mirilli's Action. Does a lot more than Fraps and also, never a problem with Vegas. One of the best additions to my tool box. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]