FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with audio on sony vegas's .avi clips

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ángel Mateo Marrero
Problem with audio on sony vegas's .avi clips
on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:32:11 pm

Hello,

I've been working on Vegas for almost a year, and today, I decided to edit some clips that recorded (.AVI, with fraps), everything worked fine (last time I worked with them was 2-3 months ago), until today, when I opened the clip on Vegas, that's what happened:

Video plays perfectly, but the audio is like it's bugged, it just sounds for 2-3 seconds (as seen in the image).

After a couple of hours looking on internet for a solution, I reached "GSpot" and the results are those:

I thought that maybe the problem was caused because the aundio was on "pcm" format, but I have changed it to AAC, AC3, MP2 and it's still the same, even in some cases the audio file dissapeared.

Another thing; properties of the clip shows like the audio isn't processed: (sorry, the pic is in spanish)

When adding another audio(mp3) after a "bugged" .avi clip, it's like both audios come together and the "bugged" one starts sounding at the same time with the new one(mp3), but the mp3 one sounds like it's duplicated.

When I work with vegas with other files, it just works perfectly.

I tried to convert the .avi to wma, so I opened the .avi file > erased bugged audio > opened .wma. That lets me work perfectly, except when I click "render as...". Vegas crashes and the error report says:

Extra Information
File: C:\Users\usuario\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\usuario\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\usuario\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\ocio_x64.log
File: C:\Users\usuario\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\usuario\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\gpu_video_x64.log
File: E:\Sin título.veg

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 13.0 (Build 290) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000374)
Fault Module: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Fault Address: 0x0000000077A95624
Fault Offset: 0x00000000000E5624

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\x86\FileIOSurrogate.exe
Process Version: Version 13.0 (Build 290)
Process Description: File I/O surrogate (not visible)
Process Image Date: 2014-04-10 (Thu Apr 10) 10:26:04

Sorry if something that I said it's useless, but I'm trying to give you the more information I can. Sorry for my bad english, I hope you can help me. Thanks.

PC specs:
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750
PROCESSOR: i5 @3.20 Ghz

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Problem with audio on sony vegas's .avi clips
on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:19:49 am

Fraps is junk and has been for a while.

Try Merillis Action - https://www.mirillis.com/en/products/action.html ,Xsplit, or Shadowplay (NV card needed).

Apps like Mirillis action will use hardward functions like Intel® Quick Sync Video, NVIDIA NVENC, and AMD APP to off load recording during gameplay.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jan 12, 2016 at 5:49:46 am

Those FRAPS captured AVI files is your enemy. A very unstable and crappy
capture medium for editing.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 12, 2016 at 6:03:32 am

I've used Fraps in the past without issue, but I agree with Aaron that Mirilli's Action is excellent--the one I currently use. Lots more options and never an issue with Vegas.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Ángel Mateo Marrero
on Jan 12, 2016 at 10:49:20 pm

First of all, thank you very much. I've tried Action! Mirillis and it's x1000 times better than fraps haha.

But, I have to record at MP4/1080p, and there's no problem, but when I record in .avi format, files has the same bugs that I had with fraps' files.. So.. maybe I have .avi codecs "bugged"? Is there a way to "install" new .avi codecs? Or "repair" Windows's ones?

Thanks again :)

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 12, 2016 at 11:54:55 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Jan 12, 2016 at 11:56:32 pm

but when I record in .avi format, files has the same bugs that I had with fraps' files.. So.. maybe I have .avi codecs "bugged"? Is there a way to "install" new .avi codecs? Or "repair" Windows's ones?

Both Fraps and Action have their own codec. You can see if there are later versions. However, the problem may be that your system is simply not robust enough for real time 1080 avi recording. The file sizes will be much greater than recording to MP4, which translates into lots of writing to disc. If your system isn't sufficiently robust, you may be getting lots of dropped frames. Like I said, I've never had problems with either Fraps or Action when recording to avi. I would try reducing the frame rate, frame size, or both and see if your recordings are then successful. If so, then you need to consider doing some upgrades to your system.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]