FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 13 playback and render glitch

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Gibson
Sony Vegas 13 playback and render glitch
on Jan 11, 2016 at 6:28:01 am

Hello,

I am hopeing someone can help me here as this one has been doing my head in to the point I am about to start learning another video editing program.

I have been putting together a clip for some time now and when I had the final render I noticed that a few portions of the video turn blocky. See attached youtube clip.

First I though its just a render issue but its since turned into an issue that I can not solve.

Scenario:

The original video plays back perfectly on my machine.

The video plays with the glitch inside the sony vegas timeline

I have tried rendering 100 different ways using GPU and without it.

I do the same render on another machine I have running vegas and get the same result.

Any ideas or things to try would be great. My gut is that its related to the codec that sony vegas uses to open MOV files but this is where my expertise finishes.

My machine is quite decent and I normally have no issues with big renders.

Happens about the 5 second mark.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Sony Vegas 13 playback and render glitch
on Jan 11, 2016 at 5:16:03 pm

Just downloaded your clip. The problem is not Vegas or your machine--it's your source footage. From what I can tell, there are 3 bad frames. Simply zoom in on your timeline and you can see the problem. That type of glitch is reminiscent of footage taken in the early days of camcorders. In this instance, the solution is really simple--just delete those 3 frames. Since there is very little movement, the result is almost perfect. Try it. In any case, you should try to uncover the problem with your camera. In this instance, the problem was easily fixed during editing. However, for any scene with high motion content, you would most likely just have to live with it. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Michael Gibson
on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:30:57 pm

Thankyou for the reply and I just went from a backup and it seems to act without the glitch.

The thing that threw me is that when I play it with windows media player it plays without the glitch. For future reference could you explain why that would have been the case?

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jan 11, 2016 at 11:09:24 pm

People tend to think Windows Media Player is just a simple application, but in fact its pretty advanced. At one time in the late 90ies it was the most advanced player on the market, that had feature other products would integrate years down the road. Support for multiple streaming formats 5-7 years before the likes of YouTube is mainly what I am referring to here.

WMP is likely buffering your source video and determining the error in the bit stream, and then dropping the information in a way that is not perceivable to give the best viewing experience.

Vegas on the other hand is showing exactly the status of the clip information. This is what you want in a video editing application. A captain needs to know the status of the ship no matter how bad the news.

You may want to check the chip that media was copied from an verify it for errors. Reformat it with a tool like:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

or

http://rufus.akeo.ie/ - which has a built in bad block checker option.

Then verify your system Memory with Memtest86 v4+ and your Storage with chkdsk /R

These steps will make sure the info is not being lost during storage and copying.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:06:59 am

Aaron makes some very good points. Another thing to check, which had completely slipped my mind, is the card reader itself. I recall awhile back that I was using a Transcend card reader. When importing files from a Sony handycam, I was getting similar glitches and the files were just not playing right. I re-imported using a different reader and the problem went away.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]