FORUMS: list search recent posts

trim cut from lots of videos

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ca Tourne Et Joupiter
trim cut from lots of videos
on Jan 10, 2016 at 6:06:11 pm

Hi everybody.
I have lots of hours from Making of & Behind the scene of big French movie prod.. Shooting was really hard during 4 months and I had no time to make some cleaning...
Now i'm in front of my drives and need a way to fast first select before starting editing process. I would like to use selected parts to be saved for edit in a new clean folder/workflow/drive. But using trim option, I can onl create sub clips wihch are linked to their mother file.
How to fast save them and without any quality loss ? ( Best would be to keep the same orginal codec/res etc...)
The only option I found is to put them on time line and selecting each as "Render to New track"
In this case, which codec and parameters to use, to reimport it in vegas without loss ? XAVC S long 3840*2160-50p for hud and XAVS hd for hd clips, etc...
I have mix of UHD 50p , UHD 25p, AVCH HD 50p, all from Panasonic cameras
(HC x1000 /vx870 / lx 100)

Thanks guys to share your expertise !
Fabrice

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: trim cut from lots of videos
on Jan 10, 2016 at 9:27:30 pm

If you have Vegasaur, there is now a Smart-trim option that works for some formats. It uses FFMPEG to save an exact copy (no re-rendering) of only the portions of the original footage that are defined by events on the timeline. There is an option to add frames to both the head and tail (recommended). Here is a thread on the Vegas Pro forum that may be of interest to you. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?messageid=936903 It might be worthwhile if during the first pass, you are doing just rough cuts editing and only want to save those parts for final editing. I'd certainly give it a try to see if it works for you Panasonic footage.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Ca Tourne Et Joupiter
on Jan 10, 2016 at 9:29:20 pm

Thanks a lot for info. i'm gonna try right now ! :)

Return to posts index

Ca Tourne Et Joupiter
on Jan 10, 2016 at 10:20:30 pm

works perfectly with pana AVCHD 50 fps progressive.
FFmepg engine crashed with UHD mov

Return to posts index

Ca Tourne Et Joupiter
on Jan 10, 2016 at 10:25:06 pm

works too with sony XAVC intra 3840*2160 intra.
Anyway for FFmepg to make it swallow mov shooting ?
Maybe FFmov LOL :)

Return to posts index

Ca Tourne Et Joupiter
on Jan 10, 2016 at 10:29:42 pm
Last Edited By Ca Tourne Et Joupiter on Jan 10, 2016 at 10:32:47 pm

works with hc x1000 UHD 50p mov... So you save my life !
I have to check with all different formats and cameras and make an info list, maybe usefull for others.
Always amazed to see that NLE don't include at first level this utility....

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 10, 2016 at 10:38:12 pm

works with hc x1000 UHD 50p mov... So you save my life !

Sounds like you're making progress. Glad that I saved your life. It's been pretty slow--you're only the second one today. LOL. Glad its working. Perhaps you could post back a few details in terms of the number of frames you added at the head and tail. Before proceeding, I would still do comparisons between the original and the trimmed files just to make absolutely sure that it's working properly and that your audio has remained in sync.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Ca Tourne Et Joupiter
on Jan 10, 2016 at 10:41:37 pm

yes, of course, I will do complete report. i know you need it before going on TV as a rescue heroe :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]