*Resolved* Vegas Colour Problems *Resolved*

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devon Wheeler
*Resolved* Vegas Colour Problems *Resolved*
on Jan 10, 2016 at 5:31:40 pm
Last Edited By Devon Wheeler on Jan 11, 2016 at 7:55:06 pm

Hello Cows!

So, my issue is primarily that Sony Vegas decides to change the colour of all videos I attempt to render, including in the preview pane, where these videos come out looking extremely saturated. Despite attempting to use the colour correction tools available, the colour issue is never realistically resolved. I am planning to make a number of videos, and having to apply filters every single time I wish to put out a new video will prove to be an issue over time.

Here is a VLC screenshot of how the video looks:

Here is a Sony Vegas preview pane screenshot of how the video looks:

Here is a Sony Vegas render screenshot of how the video looks on VLC after rendering:

As you can see, the colours are definitely off in Vegas, as well as the render. Here are my render settings:

I am currently using Sony Vegas Pro 13, and this video was recorded with Nvidia Shadowplay. Please, if anyone could give me some advice of any form to inform me on what is wrong I would be extremely grateful.

Thankyou,
Devon.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Vegas Colour Problems
on Jan 11, 2016 at 12:57:17 am

Can we see a screen grab of your project settings?

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Devon Wheeler
on Jan 11, 2016 at 7:53:15 pm

Hello John,

Apologies for my late response, I had a long day of college! However, through your reply I inadvertantly fixed my issue!

Whilst taking the screenshot of my project settings to reply to you, I decided to check that all of the settings were correct (This is a fresh install so I assumed nothing would be out of place realistically), and found that one of my settings simply needed to be changed, which I have highlighted in the screenshot below.

As you can see, the 'View transform' option (which I have normalized since), had the incorrect setting, where it should have been set to 'Off' and was set differently.

Thank you for helping me resolve my problem, I will be sure to help other users where possible on this forum, and post any further issues I may find to you extremely helpful users. Hopefully this resolution will help another in due time.

Thanks!
Devon.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:35:20 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:50:56 pm

For the type of content you are producing and the codec you are rendering to, there is no reason for you to be operating in 32-bit Full mode. Switch your project settings to 8-bit and you will massively reduce your compute cycles.

Here is a workflow to try:

1. Game capture file

2. Vegas new project, drag and drop on to timeline. This should make the project settings match your source file. You can alternatively use the "Match Media" button on the project settings window to do the same thing. "MediaInfo" installed on your machine also allows you to see the media format that your capture system is outputting in detail.

3. Edit project on timeline.

4. Render to Sony AVC 1080-60P profile, or a profile that exactly matches your project settings. If your project settings do not match 1080-60p, then correct your game capture to cap at 1080-59.94P, as 59.94 is the actual stream format that YouTube and others operate at. An FPS setting of 60 even can cause frame rate conversion issues that appear as picture artifacts in high motion events.

Your bit rate on the render template is excessive. If you are uploading to YouTube or a similar service, those services only stream at 8Mbs@30P and 12Mbs@60P. Selecting a Sony AVC profile and changing the FPS to 59.94 and the bite rate to 16Mbs will yield enough picture quality to toss out the extra info at the encoding service. You videos are re-encoded once upload. There is no reason or quality benefits to upload more info than needed.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

For YouTube, I render 1080-30p material in XDCAM-EX which is 35Mbs, is standardized and optimized in Vegas, and yields great results. An XAVC-I 1080-60P profile would also be a good choice for what you are doing, as that codec is highly optimized in Vegas. No need to re-invent the wheel on MC encoder profile settings.

A long time ago, I used to create WoW BC raid videos for my guild, and uploaded all the raid stats and video within 12 hours of the event. Those were some long hours. Today things are so easy, what with sites like Twitch and live posting of stats.

Rendering an 8-bit project, to and 8-bit encoder, to a 16Mbs profile will greatly reduce the render times and get your videos uploaded faster.

Return to posts index

Devon Wheeler
on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:48:00 pm

Hey Aaron,

Thank you for your words of advice, which I have made good use of and changed my render settings for Vegas. I have noticed a marked improvement in file size and no quality loss of note.

Thanks!
Devon.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:50:40 pm

I suspected that you might be using 32-bit color mode. Whenever you see a color shift like that, it's the first thing I check. Glad you got it sorted out.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]