FORUMS: list search recent posts

markers

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Stark
markers
on Jan 6, 2016 at 11:14:38 pm

Working in Sony Vegas 11 here.

I've got TONS of clips on my timeline. My workflow currently is to quickly review the several hours of clips to choose some of the best moments to compile them into this music video. I have used markers for various and sundry things in the past, but what I'm really looking for is some sort of marker or other thing where I can attach it directly to the clip so that when I zoom out on the timeline, that clip that I "marked" is easy to find. And then when I grab that clip and drag it to the area of the timeline where I'm working, the same "marker" would stay with the clip. I guess, in essence, I would like to flag a clip so I always know where to find "cool clip of microphone", etc...

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: markers
on Jan 7, 2016 at 4:40:35 pm

Only way I know is to embed media markers into the event using Trimmer. Open media in Trimmer, add markers, names etc. and then move to timeline. You will see the embedded media markers displayed along with names. The event can be moved and markers will remain.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Jan 10, 2016 at 12:13:46 am

Vegasaur (http://vegasaur.com/Vegasaur) has a demote marker option to convert regular markers to media markers.

Otherwise when you drag the clips around you have to turn on auto-ripple with one of the options that moves markers too. I did this for a while and eventually saw the value in Vegasaur.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 10, 2016 at 2:20:09 am

[Mark Barton]

Vegasaur (http://vegasaur.com/Vegasaur) has a demote marker option to convert regular markers to media markers.

Good tip, except it doesn't work for me, even for wav and m2ts files. Guess I need to contact Vegasaur support. Once working, that would be really useful.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Jan 10, 2016 at 4:16:47 am

If you bring it up in the trimmer, do the media markers show then. I was thinking it was a fluke today when I tried it, but the markers did not show up as media labels until I saved the project and restarted SVP 13 again. I just tried with a wav file and it worked, but I had to relaunch Vegas again. I'm pretty sure it was working before without a restart.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 12, 2016 at 11:57:53 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Jan 12, 2016 at 11:58:22 pm

[Mark Barton]

Just received word from Vegasaur that it is indeed a bug. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next release.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Glenn Cowan
on Jan 13, 2016 at 7:08:41 am

Possibly you have to relaunch Vegas because Vegas has to build the. Sfl file that keeps track of trimmer/media markers.

Indie Filmmaker

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]