FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic TM300 Best Bluray Settings for DVDA. Interlacing is really bad.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Phillips
Panasonic TM300 Best Bluray Settings for DVDA. Interlacing is really bad.
on Jan 5, 2016 at 11:51:46 pm

I have the Panasonic TM300 that records 1080@60i 15Mbs and have taken a lot of video over the years. I have been creating Blurays and started to really notice the interlacing now that everything else i have is 60p such as my Sony RX100M4. Most of my footage is faster moving objects like RC planes and fast moving kids. :) I tried a lot of things and just wondering if I am missing something as far as getting it to Bluray in a good quality. I know Bluray unfortunately isn't spec for 30p (what were they thinking????) so what are the best options?

Export tests are in Sony AVC at 1080 using Pro 13:
24p Bluray setting: Video looks a lot better, but not so good on fast motion and tracking objects (expected for 24p).

30i Bluray: About as expected with the usual interlace tears.

60i Bluray: The most common suggestion in the threads, but really doesn't look any better than 30i and has the tears.

30p: Looks awesome, but DVDA will transocde it to 24p.

So am I stuck with 24p? How can the fast moving space ships in Hollywood movies look so good at 24p and not judder like my 60i to 24p conversion does?

What is everyone doing? Just savings all their files to Hard Drive as 30p and 60p, and then waiting for a better technology like Bluray version 2?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Panasonic TM300 Best Bluray Settings for DVDA. Interlacing is really bad.
on Jan 8, 2016 at 3:40:56 am

What is everyone doing? Just savings all their files to Hard Drive as 30p and 60p, and then waiting for a better technology like Bluray version 2?

I can't speak for everyone, but I gave up writing to discs quite awhile ago. I use a Sony Blu-ray player (2013 model) to "play" my media files that I stream directly from a PC. Why fiddle with loading a disc when you can easily access all of your media content directly from your PC? What I really like about the Sony is the ability to "play" 1080 60P files, something else the Blu-ray spec does not support. Since most camcorders of today record at 1080 60P--it seems a shame to have to render at 24P (terrible choice) or 60i just to be able to write it to a shiny disc that is a real pain to use and store. Just my opinion.

Regarding your TM-300 footage, the best quality "should" be when rendered at 60i, the same as the original recording. If you are using just Vegas, that should be the only option I would consider. Perhaps you could post an example of "tearing".

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]