FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vimeo does not recognize color profile from Vegas .mp4 renders anymore ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Bossick
Vimeo does not recognize color profile from Vegas .mp4 renders anymore ?
on Jan 1, 2016 at 11:13:43 pm

Hello & Happy New Year!

I'm on Vegas pro 12. Been with Vegas since 4 I think ? And love it!

Something weird has happened lately when I post my .mp4 videos to Vimeo. Lately Vimeo has been saying it does not recognize the color properties within my video & may play back the video funny. The video plays back fine & looks fine, however this is an embarrassment when I turn in videos to my clients, then they go to upload their video only to receive this error message, it makes me & Veags look bad.

On my customized .mp4 template, my color profiles are set to default, like always. I did'nt use to get this error from Vimeo, it just started happening a month ago, on ALL my videos. I even tried changing the color properties on the .mp4 customized tab to a few different options, the latest to LOG. Nothing works, Vimeo says it can not recognize the color properties. What's going on ?

Also, the last video I uploaded to Vimeo said my video was interlaced, NO it wasn't. I even rendered again making certain I selected progressive in my customized .mp4 settings video tab. What's happening with Vimeo & Sony Vegas ? Anyone ?

Thank you to all who answered!

Shawn.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Vimeo does not recognize color profile from Vegas .mp4 renders anymore ?
on Jan 2, 2016 at 3:07:27 am

What encoder are you using? What is your work flow?

Mp4 is pretty much just studio RGB, so maybe try sony AVC?

Return to posts index

Shawn Bossick
on Jan 2, 2016 at 7:35:46 pm

Hello,

I'm using the Sony AVC encoder. Funny thing is I've been using this for years, without changing anything. Now Vimeo keeps telling me it cannot recognize my color profile.

Here's my question then. Where in Vegas can you select your color profile ? I can't seem to locate any area other then when I render out, using the Sony AVC encoder, under the customize tab, under project properties, you can select color profile. It has always been selected to default. OK, how can I check what the default is ? Or is it just naturally set to studio RGB ?

I even tried changing the default to a few other settings in which Vimeo does not recognize any of them ?

What have I changed ? Something has happened ?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jan 2, 2016 at 5:03:27 am

What's the exact render format & settings you render to?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Shawn Bossick
on Jan 2, 2016 at 10:14:28 pm

Hello Steve!

Hello,

I'm using the Sony AVC encoder. Funny thing is I've been using this for years, without changing anything. Now Vimeo keeps telling me it cannot recognize my color profile.

Here's my question then. Where in Vegas can you select your color profile ? Can you ? I can't seem to locate any area other then when I render out, using the Sony AVC encoder, under the customize tab, under project properties, you can select color profile. It has always been selected to default. OK, how can I check what the default is ? Or is it just naturally set to studio RGB ?

I even tried changing the default to a few other settings in which Vimeo does not recognize any of them ?

What have I changed ? Something has happened ?

Shawn.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]