FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro - Audio track rendering extremely slow

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Omer Aydin
Vegas Pro - Audio track rendering extremely slow
on Jan 1, 2016 at 6:29:29 pm
Last Edited By Omer Aydin on Jan 1, 2016 at 6:31:15 pm

Lately I have noticed that Vegas (v12 build 394 x64) takes too long to render MP3 files on my system. (Win7 64 sp1)

It took 2m 37secs to render a 1.5 minute audio file into 128k MP3
It was a single audio track project with no fx/plugins at all.
I tried rendering into WAV and it took only 1sec.
I tried rendering to OGG and it too 20secs.

BTW Vegas works fast with video projects.
I think something is wrong with the MP3 (mpeg1 layer3) encoder.
Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Vegas Pro - Audio track rendering extremely slow
on Jan 2, 2016 at 3:16:30 am
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Jan 2, 2016 at 3:18:35 am

Drop some MP3 material on the timeline and then check the properties of the file. What dll is vegas using for mp3?

Have you installed any other software that may have insall mp3 encoding changes to your system?

Have tried AAC,that is mp4 based and bit more updated vs mp3. Do you get the same slowness converting to AAC?

Return to posts index

Omer Aydin
Re: Vegas Pro - Audio track rendering extremely slow
on Jan 2, 2016 at 9:08:27 am

Thanks for your reply Aaron,

[Aaron Star] "Drop some MP3 material on the timeline and then check the properties of the file. What dll is vegas using for mp3? "

MP3 file properties says;
Plug-In
Name: mp3plug2.dll
Folder: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 12.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\mp3plug2
Format: MP3 Audio
Version: Version 12.0 (Build 394)
Company: Sony Creative Software Inc.

I have noticed that Sound Forge v10 also uses another version of mp3plug2.dll in it's own plugin folder so I copied that file into Vegas folder after renaming the original file to test and I get the same result. Vegas loads the DLL without any problem but renders very slow (more than 2mins). Same DLL works very fast in SoundForge, takes less than a second to render the same MP3 file.

[Aaron Star] "Have you installed any other software that may have insall mp3 encoding changes to your system?"

Yes, I have other software on this system for more than a year but this mp3 problem appeared recently.
The latest app I've installed was REAPER and it uses LAME mp3 DLL for encoding. It takes 12 secs to render the same file.

[Aaron Star] "Have tried AAC,that is mp4 based and bit more updated vs mp3. Do you get the same slowness converting to AAC?
"

AAC renders just fine. I tested it using a MainConcept AVC/AAC template (video track disabled) and it renders very fast to a MP4 file as usual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]