FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 13 Crashing PC When Rendering

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Rosini
Sony Vegas 13 Crashing PC When Rendering
on Dec 31, 2015 at 7:30:48 pm

So, whenever I render a semi-majorly edited video (if that makes any sense :P) and the rendering gets about 40% in, my PC decides to crash. It seems that every time I try different solutions, it just keeps crashing. Is it because of my PC build? Do I have the wrong settings?

Here is my build:
CPU
MB
I have 12 gigs of RAM, but they're different sticks, so I won't put links for it.
GPU
PSU

Forgot to mention that the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error comes up. It doesn't ever restart the PC either.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Sony Vegas 13 Crashing PC When Rendering
on Dec 31, 2015 at 10:50:10 pm

Verify Hardware temps are ok during playback and rendering with something like Speccy or another program like it. Repair cooling issues if high temps are present. A utility like Speccy will show you temps on internal devices.

Anything over 40C idle, and CPU/GPU under load exceeding 70C+ should be looked into.

Make sure to not overclock memory, CPU, or GPU during troubleshooting.

When I have seen this error in the past, it was driver related on a laptop that had a bad Wifi adapter that was not compatible with Win10, as well as a bad trackpad driver that was not compatible with the OS. So I would make sure to have the latest drivers from NV, and RealTek loaded. Also verify that your Bios from ASUS is the latest, and if there are any chipset driver updates for your OS.

From there I would try the following:

Check Event log for system errors.

Check system RAM with Memtest86 from a Boot DVD or Boot USB drive. Run memory through all 10 tests. There should be no errors, if there are errors replace bad sticks until you get no errors on the 10 tests.

"chkdsk /f" from a command prompt, choose yes on next reboot. Reboot

Apply all windows updates, including any .NET updates.

Make sure GPU driver is latest.

Uninstall any old applications or utilities no longer used.

Run CCleaner Registry cleaner and repair issues. Reboot.

Run a Windows defender scan, and Malware Bytes scan, and repair issues found, reboot if issues found and re-run scans.

"dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" from an admin command line. You should get:
[==========================100.0%==========================]
The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt. Verify you get:

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

repair any issues here. Reboot and re-run if issues repaired until you get the message above.

Make sure Vegas is running the latest version (build 453), reboot if upgrade is needed.

Return to posts index

Bryce Rosini
on Jan 3, 2016 at 1:39:32 am

Thanks! I didn't try it yet, because I'm terrified of messing up terribly, but thank you lots. :)
Much appreciated going into detail, too. :P

Return to posts index

Bryce Rosini
on Jan 17, 2016 at 8:36:21 pm

So I did EVERYTHING you told me, now that I had the confidence to do it. I saw nothing wrong with any of the following instructions you gave me. Everything is good. I tried rendering and it still crashes. This time, it doesn't give me a blue screen. It just stops my PC. I have no control, but to restart my PC. Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]