FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD project question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Tessier
AVCHD project question
on Dec 30, 2015 at 5:55:17 pm
Last Edited By Joseph Tessier on Dec 30, 2015 at 6:58:53 pm

The vast majority of my project is AVCHD but I have some DVD footage I need to incorporate. If I edit the DVD clips separately, what format should I render my DVD clips to so they will be less degraded when added to the AVCHD project? M2TS? MXF? Recommendations?

J. Paul

Win 10 Home Prem x64 VegasPro 13

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: AVCHD project question
on Dec 30, 2015 at 7:37:35 pm

If you edit your DVD clips in a separate project, the easiest way is to simply "copy" the edited events from that project and "paste" those directly onto the timeline in your AVCHD project. There is no need to render to an intermediate.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Joseph Tessier
on Dec 30, 2015 at 7:46:05 pm

I understand that, but I want to eliminate keeping the entire program and render out just the needed clips.

J. Paul

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Dec 30, 2015 at 8:38:20 pm

Just to be clear, you want to save "parts" of your DVD (presumably 720 x 480) so you can delete the entire file. In that case, render the "parts" using a lossless codec such as Lagarith, UT Video or Magic YUV, to name a few for best quality. If the resulting file sizes are too large, you could render using codecs such as Cineform, or even DV although there will be some loss of quality. Although I've never used it for SD, you might try Sony MXF. Lots of choices. See what works best for you.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Joseph Tessier
on Dec 30, 2015 at 8:45:02 pm

Thanks! Yes, I don't want to archive over 2 hours of video when I only need a few minutes. I've tried rendering to M2TS and Sony MXF with very decent results.

J. Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]