FORUMS: list search recent posts

Closed Captioning with Vegas Pro 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Buzzell
Closed Captioning with Vegas Pro 13
on Dec 29, 2015 at 6:47:56 pm

I have a file that I have added a CC .scc file to. When it is added, I get blue tabs on the time line. When I click on the tabs, it shows the captioning, however it does not show up on the preview monitor even though CC1 is selected. I rendered the file out as a MXF, with captioning. I re-imported the file into Vegas, and it shows all the orange CC tabs, and shows it has captioning. However, again, captioning does not show up in the preview monitor. I ran the mxf file thru my server, and it shows there is no captioning in the file, even though Vegas says there is captioning. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: Closed Captioning with Vegas Pro 13
on Dec 29, 2015 at 7:08:15 pm

You forgot to run script "Promote media closed captioning"

Return to posts index

Greg Buzzell
on Dec 29, 2015 at 7:55:12 pm

Ran "Promote media closed captioning". Now the CC only shows up when I scrub the file. (On both the original and the rendered file). If I run it in real time, nothing shows up in preview. Also when I run the file thru my on air server, it also does not display CC. Does that need to be turned on when rendering the file?

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Dec 29, 2015 at 9:23:15 pm

I don't know if this will help, but there was a closed caption bug fix in VP13 version 444.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

Greg Buzzell
on Jan 4, 2016 at 4:37:54 pm

Downloaded the update, and that fixed the CC problem within Vegas. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]