FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Save as Type" only gives me 1 option

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Clark
"Save as Type" only gives me 1 option
on Dec 23, 2015 at 1:26:49 am

Hello All, I am trying to save my project file as something different than a .veg. I need to import it into Premier. Yet I only have a .veg option under my "save as type" pull down menu. Is there something I need to do to see the other options?

Joel

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: "Save as Type" only gives me 1 option
on Dec 23, 2015 at 8:17:20 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Dec 23, 2015 at 8:19:51 am

[Joel Clark] "Is there something I need to do to see the other options?"
Joel, have you tried the EXPORT Option?

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Joel Clark
on Dec 24, 2015 at 3:04:00 am

Yes, I have tried it on multiple computers. Each time I try it, it bombs after about 2-3 minutes. This is what I am trying to figure out. Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 24, 2015 at 6:28:14 am

Joel, in your opening post you were complaining that you were only getting the one SAVE AS option, and that that was a VEG.

The EXPORT option, I pointed you at, gives the option to save as a PREMIERE PRO option with ALL the media needed. But now you are saying you HAD tried that option. So which is it you had originally tried, Save As or the Export option? It can't be both?

In any event, using the EXPORT option I can successfully EXPORT to a PP folder and have it ready to go.

Please clarify?

Here's the EXPORT in progress:

And here is the PREMIERE PROJECT folder with the actual PP project file ready to use:
G

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Joel Clark
on Dec 25, 2015 at 3:44:40 am

Graham,

I did try both. I just didn't mention the export option because I didn't see the need. When I try to export it as a Premier file it starts to export and then bombs every time on every system after a couple of minutes.

SO...

I looked into the save as option to see if maybe its easier to export if I have saved it as another file version.

BUT...

I only have the one .veg file version option.

Make sense?

Happy Holidays and thanks for your help.

Joel

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 25, 2015 at 5:31:32 am

[Joel Clark] "Make sense?"
OK:

1] The SAVE AS option is for naming the VEG.

2] Now that I know you had omitted this crucial piece of information, that you HAD tried the EXPORT option I would strongly advise that you interrogate your Media that you are using and confirm by a process of elimination which of the items it is creating your issues. OR you could try starting afresh with KNOWN material that will EXPORT and confirm that the export facility works. My money is on you having some item on your timeline that the VP EXPORT process is choking on.

Let us know how you get on.

And season greetings to you too!

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Joel Clark
on Dec 25, 2015 at 7:12:16 pm

So it makes sense that maybe a file is corrupt - but the problem is that I have a 90 minute feature doc that is needing to get to audio mix down and when I gave the studio an AAF it had 500 timelines and was all out of sync. So we are trying to get it to premier and now its bombing. Its a feature doc on a pretty large scale. How do I find out what file is corrupt and get rid of it. I litereally have 18 or so audio timelines and at least 12 video timelines...

Joel

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 26, 2015 at 7:18:16 am

"How do I find out what file is corrupt and get rid of it."

I didn't say corrupted? Why do you think you have corrupted files? All I'm suggesting is that there MAY be Media that VP is choking on for the EXPORT process. The process produces a LOG. Could this identify just where the export process is failing?

Another method would be to employ would be to;

1] Make a COPY redundant VEG.

2] Start DELETING whole sections of the VEG and attempt to EXPORT. Repeat this process until you can successfully use EXPORT process.

I use this method if I get into a mess with RENDERING. Now, if you get down to a SINGLE Event and you still can't get a successful EXPORT process going then either the EXPORT process is broken OR if you get success by removing ALL Media and replacing with a SINGLE "other" piece of known media, then you need to interrogate the troublesome Media confirming you have the correct codecs for them.

I can't think of any other way of confirming how your media conforms to the EXPORT process.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]