FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 13 won't open

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy Hender
Vegas 13 won't open
on Dec 20, 2015 at 11:59:23 am

I need help. The day before it was working fine and then the next day it just doesn't open. When I try opening the program it just gives me the crash error. If you need more info, just say so. Thank you in advance.

https://gyazo.com/d48824a84504728f8a482135c3d58b74

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Vegas 13 won't open
on Dec 21, 2015 at 4:53:12 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Dec 21, 2015 at 5:13:10 am

[Jimmy Hender] "If you need more info, just say so."
Jimmy, you are using a very old, 29th April 2014, installation, and Build Version, Build 310. I always use the latest Build, which is Build 453. You are still using Build 310, some four builds behind. Why? You must have made several program changes - Plugs, Updates to Plugs, removing, replacing folders, to your PC within that time. No?

To help you make a decision here is the Update History of VP13 from Sony's White Paper. You are missing out on many, many improvements, and crucially, there is at least one "Crash on Opening" bug being cured. Please also note that that build 453 is currently being used daily by VP Users and I have not read (?) any "Crash On Opening" that has or is requiring any further intervention from SONY with a newer build.

Here is the Update List:-

2.0 What's New
Notable fixes/changes version 13.0 (Build 453)

Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when using the Median or Min and Max video effects with an NVIDIA GPU.
Fixed an issue that prevented Vegas Pro 13 from importing XAVC-L files recorded by the PXW-X70 camera.
Fixed a bug that prevented XAVC long-GOP files rendered by Vegas Pro from playing on the PXW-X180 camera.
Fixed an issue that caused the Wave Hammer Surround plug-in to run in Demo mode. The plug-in is now enabled in Vegas Pro.
Improved playback performance for some MP4 video clips recorded by GoPro Hero cameras.

Notable fixes/changes version 13.0 (build 444)

Added templates for rendering XAVC long-GOP files.
Fixed a bug that prevented closed captions from displaying in the Video Preview window.
Fixed a bug that prevented shot marks from being read in 4K XAVC clips.

Notable fixes/changes in version 13.0 (build 428)

Added support for HitFilm 3.0.

Notable fixes/changes in version 13.0 (build 373)

Vegas Pro 13 can now open Movie Studio 13 project files.
Added support for rendering XAVC HD (1920x1080) video in 50i and 59.94i formats.
Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas Pro to crash during startup on some machines that have JRiver Media Center installed.
Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas Pro to crash when using File > Import > Import Media from Project.
Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas Pro to crash on some computers when expanding the HitFilm plug-ins in the Video FX window.
Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas Pro to crash when dragging some audio plug-ins from the Plug-In Manager to audio events.
Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas Pro to hang when playing some H.264 MP4 video files.
Fixed a bug that could create a loop region when attempting to multiselect locked events using shift-click.
Fixed a bug that could cause the Project Media window to scroll unexpectedly when right-clicking an event and choosing Select in Project Media List.
Fixed a bug that prevented timecode from being read for Panasonic P2 clips that span multiple files.
So, my advice would be to get the Build that is the most recent and one that is being tried and tested and that way you would be clearing the way for us to give you more appropriate "informed" feedback in that we would all know it would be based on that which SHOULD work. Yes?

HTHs?

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Dec 21, 2015 at 8:26:52 am

Simply update Vegas to build 453!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Dec 21, 2015 at 9:54:16 am

Try also the reset suggestion mentioned e.g. in this earlier thread.

Return to posts index

John Reese
on Dec 28, 2015 at 8:37:04 am

Same thing is happening to me. I was using 310 and I upgraded to 453 but it still comes up with the same exact "unmanaged exception" error.

This all seems to stem to Windows Updates and it was fine until the 15th or something. The only way I can get this program to work is to do a system restore to what it was before those updates were installed and I can't pinpoint which update is making this not work.

I've tried running this as an administrator, I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried every possible fix I can find on YouTube including changing the FileIO Plug-Ins file to "FileIO Plug-Insx"....what's going on with this program and Windows 10????

Extra Information

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 13.0 (Build 453) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\vegas130.exe
Fault Address: 0x00007FF77A04A710
Fault Offset: 0x000000000081A710

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\vegas130.exe
Process Version: Version 13.0 (Build 453) 64-bit
Process Description: Vegas Pro
Process Image Date: 2015-06-05 (Fri Jun 05) 21:53:04

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 28, 2015 at 9:37:13 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Dec 28, 2015 at 9:38:04 am

I've done some quick research of the INTERNET and there isn't any conclusive "fixes". However, there are many cases of those happily using Win10 and VP13. I don't have Win10 and I have no immediate desire to install it either. I'm using Win7 Pro and VP13 and making money - I'm happy.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Reese
on Dec 28, 2015 at 11:49:42 am

I'm assuming this is an NVIDIA graphics card issue, as my desktop with that is the one with the issue and my laptop with a different card doesn't have this issue (but that one's also using Vegas 12)

Since I'm not really in the mindset to do a whole system restore once a week or more, and the current build is supposed to fix this problem but clearly doesn't, it's starting to look more and more like the solution is "stop using Vegas and move on to a different editing software for the future"...ugh...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]