FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas pro 12 and Premiere Pro CC2015

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theo van Laar
Vegas pro 12 and Premiere Pro CC2015
on Dec 19, 2015 at 1:22:50 pm

I have problems in importing a Premiere Pro CC2015 project file into Sony Vegas 12. The PPro project only contains one audio file plus markers. Is PPro CC2015 not supported by Vegas 12?
Would it work with Vegas Pro 13?

Theo

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Vegas pro 12 and Premiere Pro CC2015
on Dec 20, 2015 at 12:35:39 pm

HI,
The project sharing function / script is not at all infallible. It allows for very basic cutting to be successful. No effects either audio or video will be transferred and the audio does need to be straight ahead. A solution might be to export several versions such as Final cut for Davinci or Avid. I have had success with those in Premier. It is strange though for in my case there is no issue with importing into Premier or After Effects.
A thought occurs, is the video / audio file compatible with Premier? Is the file supported natively in Premier? So try importing the raw file into Premier.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Dec 20, 2015 at 10:33:40 pm

@Russ: thanks for your reply. I'm not trying to export a project to Premiere Pro but just the other way around. I have a premiere Pro project with only one audio file (wav) in it. I used Beat Edit to generate markers. So now I'm trying to import this Premiere pro project with one audio file plus markers into Vegas.

Theo

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Dec 21, 2015 at 5:53:47 am
Last Edited By Russ Froze on Dec 21, 2015 at 5:56:24 am

Ok so in that case, I have more success in importing Final Cut xml into Vegas but as I mentioned before, bringing anything across other than basic cuts is problematic. Even the multi host BorisFX does not come accross from different NLE, in my experience anyway. And as John Rofrano pointed out the softwares are generations apart and likely are not compatible. Unless Premier can export the makers in a language that Vegas can understand, it is unlikely that the transfer would be successful. You might try exporting the maker timeline without the audio video files from Premier and see if the markers come across. Vegas can read the beat mapper from Sony Acid. Unfortunately the Beatmapper is not included in the free version Acid XPress but at $59.95 ACID Music Studio does. Vasst Ultimate S, co written by Jon Rofrano, correct me if I'm wrong. Loads and saves marker in Vegas. Now all that is needed is to get the maker info out of Premier but I can offer no assistance in that task because Adobe and I parted ways when Adobe chose to go the ransomware rout.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Dec 20, 2015 at 1:52:50 pm

[Theo van Laar] "Is PPro CC2015 not supported by Vegas 12?"
It's a good possibility that it is not supported considering that Vegas Pro 12 was last updated on Nov. 22, 2013 and Adobe Creative Cloud 2015 didn't even exist back then.
[Theo van Laar] "Would it work with Vegas Pro 13?"
Vegas Pro 13 claims to support Adobe Premiere Pro CC import without any version designation. You would have to download the trial and see for yourself. Vegas Pro 13.0 was last updated on June 11, 2015 so it is possible that Sony could have added support for CC2015 but the Release Notes do not mention anything about it.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Dec 20, 2015 at 10:25:42 pm

@John: Thanks, I will try Vegas 13.

Theo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved