FORUMS: list search recent posts

First DVDA blu-ray burn: No audio

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim schuler
First DVDA blu-ray burn: No audio
on Dec 16, 2015 at 2:17:49 pm
Last Edited By jim schuler on Dec 16, 2015 at 2:49:51 pm

My 'on load' avi clip produce sound, but every menu background media, link transition, and main movie project contained no sound. The first main menu had a garbled scratchy signal that lasted a second or two, then nothing.

I checked the timeline in DVDA and everything from front to end was included, and it tested fine in DVDA preview.

Every element was rendered in Vegas Pro 13 using AC3 5.1 (no AGC).

I did not see AC3 pro in there as an option, though I'll look again.

I really don't want to render this thing too many more times. It took about 2 hours in Vegas but 8 hours in DVDA.

thoughts?

I'm really burning into the time buffer I was given--for this type of 'emergency'.

I'll get some screen shots of setting here in a minute. for a start this is my rig's specs.

thanks

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
Re: First DVDA blu-ray burn: No audio
on Dec 16, 2015 at 3:04:15 pm

If I understand correctly, your media that you create in Vegas Pro 13 comes into and works fine (sound) in DVDA, just no sound for any of the menu(s) in DVDA. By default, DVDA has no sound file attached to the (default) menus, so you just need to specify a sound file... On the Menu Page Properties, select the Background Media tab, then navigate to the sound file you want to use for your menu background. I normally make my own 30 second DVDA Background video and audio files, then load them here (video and audio). See picture below, hopefully to clarify.

Also, you reference the additional time it takes DVDA to render the output: If you use the correct Vegas Pro template (one with an '=' in front of it), the files (audio and video) will be rendered to the correct format for DVDA so that it doesn't have to RE-RENDER the files.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

jim schuler
on Dec 16, 2015 at 3:38:38 pm

Hi John,

Ok, bare with me here as I collect my thoughts:

1. when i test my project in DVDA using the preview button (to test menus, buttons, et al) everything is fine.

2. I do have both an audio and video for everything. I always render the audio first (shorter) then leave while the vid is running. But, I do have two files for each "element".

3. The template I selected for rendering video, for everything (main movie, menus, disc loading clip) was under the "main concept MPEG-2" drop down, I used: blu-ray 1920x1080 @ 60i, 25mbps video stream.

4. The template I selected for audio was AC3 studio.

5. I just learned (perhaps incorrectly) I cannot use AC3 studio 5.1 for a blu-ray disc...even though DVDA lets it play for the preview purposes.

6. that would explain that only my disc loading clip (which is an old video that wasn't encoded this way) was the only one that worked.

7. so, my next question is: why do i have vegas pro 13 but only the AC3 studio? Should I not have the pro codec?

8. Can I get the pro codec?

9. If I cannot get the AC3 pro codec, is there another acceptable audio I can render to for 5.1?

10. this might explain the huge re-rendering in DVDA.

sorry for numbering, but it helps me keep organized.

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Dec 16, 2015 at 4:41:30 pm
Last Edited By Andrew Lenczycki on Dec 16, 2015 at 4:49:53 pm

I only have Vegas Pro 10 here at work, but below is a screenshot of the Render dialog box, showing that Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro (*.ac3) is part of Vegas Pro. I know for a FACT that it's also part of Vegas Pro 13 (which I have on my home computer), so you shouldn't have to go looking for it elsewhere. I normally produce for DVD (not Blu-Ray) so I'm not the most knowledgeable to advise you on that aspect. Perhaps is John Rofrano sees this he will give you all the "good stuff" for Blu-Ray creation or you can search this site for "Blu-Ray recommendations".

Nothing wrong with your "numbering" items, it makes it very easy for anyone to respond to specific items without having to quote the passage.

UPDATE: I see in another post on this site that someone else is having trouble finding the AC-3 Pro render format. Mike Kujbida responded that the PRO comes with DVDA. I'm not sure if that's true, but I do have Vegas Pro 10 and DVDA 6.0 installed on this work computer and I have both the standard and the AC-3 Pro template. I have Vegas Pro 13 and DVDA 6.0 installed on my home computer, and it also has both the standard and AC-3 Pro formats.
Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

jim schuler
on Dec 16, 2015 at 4:57:56 pm

I definitely do not see it.

I suppose I will try re-installing everything and go from there.

Return to posts index

jim schuler
on Dec 16, 2015 at 6:26:48 pm

I re-installed and still don't have ac3-pro.

My vegas and DVDA folders have ac3plug.dll and ac3studioplug.dll.

Is the ac3plug.dll the pro?

it's just not showing. i might have to render this in stereo now.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Dec 16, 2015 at 8:50:24 pm

Make sure the dvda properties match that 25mbs nitrate the template has. If the nitrate is less in the project settings in dvda then it will render the whole file again.

Return to posts index

jim schuler
on Dec 17, 2015 at 2:15:08 am

well, I cleaned the registry and re-installed both apps and it's back now.

But, vegas is crashing about 30% through the project.

I've got GPU acceleration on, and I was going to try it with multi core rendering set to FALSE.

going to have to narrow this down.

Mark, how do i check the bitrates in DVDA?

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Dec 17, 2015 at 4:28:04 am

In DVDA choose Properties under the File menu. It allows you to set the bitrate. The goal is to make it match exactly the Blu-ray template you used in Vegas to render the video stream file (probably AVC). I used the Sony AVC 16Mbps last time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]