FORUMS: list search recent posts

Countdown from thousands?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bell
Countdown from thousands?
on Dec 13, 2015 at 8:52:03 pm

Hello,

I'm currently editing a video for a 10 year anniversary of a forum I've been using since 2006 and it's gonna come out roughly in June which gives me some time to edit it. It's nothing serious/professional just a little video for a gaming forum.

I need to have some sort of countdown in the video which counts down from 3650 to 0. Obviously It's not going to actually count down 3650, 3649, 3648 and be super slow and I'd prefer to have it be rapid and be over with in five, maybe ten seconds.

I thought I could do it with creating a blank text track and adding Timecode, but it starts counting up from 3650 and stops after 4 seconds.

TLDR: Need a countdown from 3650 to 0 to be done in 5/10 seconds.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Countdown from thousands?
on Dec 14, 2015 at 1:53:22 am

I'd prefer to have it be rapid and be over with in five, maybe ten seconds.

Unless I really missed something, do you realize that what you're asking for is pretty much impossible? Do the math. For a video rate of 60fps, each frame is roughly 17 msec in duration. Counting backward from 3650 to 0 in 10 sec--each number would be displayed in less than 3 msec. That means roughly 6 numbers displayed for each frame. Even if you could do this, all you would see is a complete blur. Again, I may have missed something, but if not, you need to re-think what you're trying to accomplish.

wwaag

Return to posts index

David Bell
on Dec 14, 2015 at 4:52:00 am

I figure it would be pretty blurry but seeing the numbers isn't important, just knowing it's a countdown is the main aspect since it will be overlayed ontop of some other footage. Did some work on my project and realised instead of 5/10 seconds I have roughly 20 seconds to work with, does that make it any more feasible? Again it's in no way a professional production or anything, just a gaming video me and a few old friends are putting together to celebrate 10 years of a forum we have frequented since 2006.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Dec 14, 2015 at 6:08:02 am

Vegasaur was able to create a count down timer with their text generation wizard. I think I messed up and it made it a minute long, but then I just time-stretched it back to a 20s duration.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Dec 14, 2015 at 7:09:40 am

Here is an example. I had to work a little harder to get the 0 to show in the video. This one used Vegasaur Text generation Wizard stepping by 3 to finish around 20s. I turned off the Loop switch and extended the event a little to make sure the 0 frame got rendered to the file.

Sample countdown counter from 3650 to 0 in ~20s

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]